in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2007 3:51 AM by Dillen. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2007 6:27 PM

Beomaster powers on then off

I have purchased several BM5000 and lately BM6500 which, of course, were advertised as "work perfectly".  However when they arrived I set them up, and when trying to play a CD, the Beomaster powers up and immediately shuts down.  I know this topic was covered in the "old forum" but didn't have an interest in it at that time.  Is this problem in settings or does it need servicing?  Unfortunately, there is no longer a B&O service shop where I live, so any repair would involve packing and shipping to a distant facility.  Any help would be appreciated.
  • 06-22-2007 6:35 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster powers on then off

Sounds like a service job. Probably a power supply problem with the variable resistors failing. Where are you?
  • 06-22-2007 8:31 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter.  I'm located in Eau Claire, Wisconain USA.  Nearest service dept is in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I guess I will have to pack it up and ship it out.
  • 06-23-2007 3:31 AM In reply to

How good are you at electronics? The service manual for the 5000 is available so if either you or a local chap are up to it! ....

Only been to Wisconsin  once when I was working in Chicago. Major thing I remember were the mosquitoes  which were the most vicious I have ever encountered! Laughing

• 06-23-2007 3:51 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I agree.
    Capacitors and those horrible idle current trimmers.
    Replace the lot and adjust to factory specs.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)