in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-17-2010 6:11 PM by Stan. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2010 8:48 PM In reply to

Re: Any news on Apple Lossless support?

Harry2008:
    very expensive system compared to all other solutions available, including a € 300 Apple TV at that time.

I agree it was/is expensive

I was going to say it can not be compared to an ATV because one has to factor in a PC ... but then you need a PC to initiate the BM5 :(

And the ATV needs the internet and an iTunes PC to run Genius ... where as the BM5/BS5 does run MOTS by itself :)

Perhaps one way to try and justify the BM5 and BS5 price is to look at the two units and compare like for like ... the ATV has no interface of its own, it needs a TV and an apple remote 

But I am arguing against myself I think ... and at thr risk of depressing Stan even further I have to say the BM5/BS5 is a beautiful point solution - but its point is too fine/narrow ... it is very much a one trick show pony

Harry2008:
    I would love to have a thin cd-loader build into the BS5

and that's what I wish the ATV had !

(maybe ATV Flash and an external drive ?)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-16-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

elephant:

But I am arguing against myself I think ... and at thr risk of depressing Stan even further I have to say the BM5/BS5 is a beautiful point solution - but its point is too fine/narrow ... it is very much a one trick show pony

Funny, I did the same as I was actually thinking the BS5/BM5 was way to expensive versus the functionality offered. In the end my wife stated do you love the design/quality/look&feel? Yes? Buy it and stop twinkering about it Smile

So I am still happy with the product, however the "the point to fine/narrow" is a good description. With a little more effort on the software level and may be some small additions on hardware, this could be solved quite easily.... wil probably not happen Sad

• 05-17-2010 3:04 PM In reply to

What concerns me is that they need a solid base to shift from CD driven music systems. I can see that they only look at BS5 sales and maybe that is why they can not justify further improvements. But that what they have should be perfected and taken as a base for future developments. Similar as they have taken BS3 and put that into the BV7 as a base. As is it is too clunky. Before I buy another music product from them, I will test the heck out of it at the dealer that is for sure.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 05-17-2010 6:11 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

jk1002:
    What concerns me is that they need a solid base to shift from CD driven music systems.

This is the other point that is depressing me (this talk giving up on it being the main).  I knew what it was when I bought it so I'm not disappointed nor depressed about its current performance.  The fact that it seems to have dropped from their priorities is troubling.  Then again, we are still in the midst of a world-wide economic downturn so maybe this is just about survival at this point (which is also depressing)... I guess I'll go dial up some Neil Young on my BS5 (music to be depressed by Indifferent )

Stan

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2