in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-14-2010 4:57 AM by superdario. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-27-2010 9:38 PM

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

My latest acquisition

I'm excited!

An exceptional Beomaster 1000 and a pair of Beovox 2200s purchased from Jeff (burantek).I couldn't be more pleased with the vintage appeal of this system.As many of you have said the 2200s are very nice little speakers.Heavy duty aluminum framed woofers,decent crossovers,very nice.Can't wait to get this kit up to spec to see what it's capable of.It sounds pretty good as is,bad caps and all.Got the WAF too!Yes -  thumbs up

Paul

• 04-28-2010 1:41 AM In reply to

Re: My latest acquisition

Congrats on your purchase. Yes -  thumbs up Let us know what it's like when it's up to spec.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 04-28-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

Sad

Hello old friend...

Glad you are happy, Paul.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-11-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Thought I would give an update.

All the electrolytic caps have been replaced,idle current trimmers replaced and voltage adjustments have been made,switches and pots cleaned/deoxidized,a few resistors that were barely in spec were replaced and Solen caps were installed in the Beovox2200s.Also the burned out stereo light was outfitted with an LED(I might do a post on that later).I am pretty much done,although I am a perpetual tinkerer and will likely keep it on the workbench a while longer.

The sound:I couldn't be happier!As many of you will recall,what I was searching for was a replacement for my vintage tube receiver and Advent speakers.The BM1000 delivers a nice warm vintage sound with a surprising amount of detail for such a small amplifier.Very similar to the alluring tone of the tube amp.The Beovox 2200s are quite impressive for their size.I don't think they are quite the speaker that my Advents are,but at half the size,they sound fantastic for just about everything except maybe hard rock,which I rarely listen to anyway.And of course,I can't forget to mention the brilliant vintage styling which get's the whole system the WAF!

Thanks again Jeff!Yes -  thumbs upBeer

• 05-11-2010 6:55 PM In reply to

Paul:

Thought I would give an update.

All the electrolytic caps have been replaced,idle current trimmers replaced and voltage adjustments have been made,switches and pots cleaned/deoxidized,a few resistors that were barely in spec were replaced and Solen caps were installed in the Beovox2200s.Also the burned out stereo light was outfitted with an LED(I might do a post on that later).I am pretty much done,although I am a perpetual tinkerer and will likely keep it on the workbench a while longer.

The sound:I couldn't be happier!As many of you will recall,what I was searching for was a replacement for my vintage tube receiver and Advent speakers.The BM1000 delivers a nice warm vintage sound with a surprising amount of detail for such a small amplifier.Very similar to the alluring tone of the tube amp.The Beovox 2200s are quite impressive for their size.I don't think they are quite the speaker that my Advents are,but at half the size,they sound fantastic for just about everything except maybe hard rock,which I rarely listen to anyway.And of course,I can't forget to mention the brilliant vintage styling which get's the whole system the WAF!

Thanks again Jeff!Yes -  thumbs upBeer

You appear to have caught the Beovirus!

As I recall it you were not looking to replace the vintage tube receiver at all (just the speakers) , but somehow ended up purchasing more B&O anyway. Stick out tongue You may find this happens quite a lot over the next year or two!

Simon

• 05-11-2010 7:37 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Very observant Simon,I was indeed only looking for speakers!Somehow Jeff got my wife to see the pics of the receiver/speaker combo.( With my help)Stick out tongueAnyway,the wife saw the pics of the receiver and liked it,Needless to say,I'm glad I bought the whole kit.The sound of this little vintage receiver is very much in the class with my tubed gear.Sweet and musical,like a musical instrument in itself,which is exactly the sound I like.

Paul

• 05-13-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Very nice, my first ever piece of B&O was a Beomaster 1000. It stopped working many years ago, long before Beoworld existed. About 3 years ago I brought another white key version to replace it. It has been stored ever since. Now I have the complete Beosystem 1000. Just need to overhaul the Beogram's motor. Also have a pair of Beovox 2400's which were the uprated speaker option for the Beosystem 1000.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-14-2010 4:57 AM In reply to

congratulation paul,

enjoy your vintage system... ;-) soundwise the b&o audio products from that period (60's / 70's) are really nice. i.m.o. the golden age of analog sound...

designwise, i think the beomaster 1000 was the first work from jacob jensen for b&o... i'm not sure... but i know that the ensuing beolab 5000 system incl. the iconic beovox 2500 cube was the first complete audio system designed by jacob jensen and his assistant david lewis.

Craig:

Also have a pair of Beovox 2400's which were the uprated speaker option for the Beosystem 1000.

the beovox 2400 are very nice speakers. they've also the connector socket for the cubes as an accoustical improvement. i use mine (low volume) with my beolab 5000.

best regards

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)