in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-27-2010 4:25 PM by Craig. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2010 5:07 PM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

This is a new PayPal one on me!!!

Just checked my PayPal account as I am expecting payment via Paypal for something. It is not through Ebay, so I logged in to check. There I could see two different balances for my account. One been just over £50 less than the other. It seems that PayPal are holding my payment until the buyer leaves positive feedback.Super Angry This really is a new one me. Below is a copy and paste the reasons why!!!

We’ll set aside payments to sellers whose customers have filed a dispute or chargeback. There are a number of other reasons why we may put your payments into a pending balance. Here are some examples:

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
    • You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 and have not yet established a record of good performance
    • You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
    • You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
    • You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
    • You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
    • You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, we may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

Yes, it is a new account. Although the PayPal account has been open over 4 years. What a bunch of corrupt con artists. They really do take the p£$$. Has anyone else had this happen to them????

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-26-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: This is a new PayPal one on me!!!

I also had problems with Paypal recently and have now set up an account with Moneybookers.
    It seems to work fine. They don't set the rules for everything and they don't interfere with the deal.

Martin

• 04-26-2010 7:15 PM In reply to

Paypal is almost risk-free for buyers but full of risk for sellers.

Paypal started putting an up-to 21 day hold on ebay items.  So, unless they leave pos feedback you are stuck waiting a LONG time getting your money, at which time anything could happen.

• 04-27-2010 1:57 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Tragic.

I can tell you that it's everything but safe to use Paypal as a seller and I couldn't help
    noticing that the danish authorities, the danish ombudsman, a couple
    of major danish computer magazines and national newspapers as well as several
    danish internet fora warn against the use of Paypal for buyers as well.
    Here's a few:

http://www.computerworld.dk/art/49518/forbrugervagthund-advarer-mod-paypal
    http://www.comon.dk/nyheder/Advarsel-mod-PayPal-efter-dansk-dom-1.139926.html
    http://fpn.dk/penge/article1551656.ece
    http://blog.webpeople.dk/sikker-nethandel-men-ikke-med-paypal.html
    http://www.hifi4all.dk/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70805

Martin

• 04-27-2010 3:38 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

This website tells you some real horror stories. Strangely I sold an item overnight to a buyer in the U.S.  Final orice including shipping was well over £100. Dreding the worst I logged into my PayPal account. They seem to have let this go through with no problem at all.Huh?

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-27-2010 4:25 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well the latest update on this as follows.............Another sale went through this afternoon, just over £60 in value. PayPal decided to hang on to this one aswell.Angry Although the funds from the sale mentioned in my first post have now been released as the buyer left positive feedback.

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)