in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2011 3:41 PM by Jeff. 51 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2010 3:21 AM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 11 hands-on

Picture of the BL11 at home

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-16-2011 3:41 PM In reply to

• Jeff
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • USA
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoLab 11 hands-on

Getting in on this rather late, sorry for necroposting on the thread but it seems relevant to what I'm thinking about.

I have a pair of Beolab 8000's, original model, used with an original Beosound 9000, and am thinking about the Beolab 11 as an addition. Would like a little more weight, this is music only, for the 8000's. I have an Infinity sub for the home theater setup that works very well, it's an impressive piece of gear, but not setup for dual use with both an AV system and a music system, which is why I am thinking of the Beolab 11.

So, am looking for opinions from people who've heard/are using this setup of speakers. I am concerned as the listed xover freq for the Beolab 11 is very high, at least two octaves higher than what I think of as being the upper range to not be able to audibly locate the sub (with a 2nd or 3rd order filter).

Any comments welcome, been a while since I wandered thru here, will have to attend to this forum more in the future, I've seen some good threads here.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3