in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-19-2010 8:34 AM by BeoGreg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2010 5:07 PM

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Avant became 10-40...

Dear Peter and Svend fans !

That's it, this week-end my good old Avant 32 retired (temporaly) and I said hello to BV10-40.

First impressions are mixed.

The design is extraordinary appart that I think it's too low, the materials are out of this world.

The sound is really great, that was a good surprise after reading some posts, at least as good as the Avant for my ears.

The picture quality is very good with any source (SD, HD, Blue Ray) appart for those clouds when the screen is dark.

I'm not very disturb with the clouds when watching a movie, but I am when changing channels or waiting for a source to get "on".

I can see eight clouds on the screen particularly at night time.

I also have a problem with one HD channel : 3 or 4 lines appears on  both sides, but only on that channel (french TF1 HD).

Everything is not okay yet, I don't have the good pucs for PS3 RE-BL or my STB, but I will get them on thursday.

BTW, overal impression is excellent.

I will try to live with the clouding issues...

Cheers,

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 04-18-2010 6:10 PM In reply to

Re: Avant became 10-40...

that looks really nice in the corner of your room i also love the blue fret cover on the tv to.

• 04-18-2010 8:57 PM In reply to

BeoGreg:

I'm not very disturb with the clouds when watching a movie,...

I can see eight clouds on the screen particularly at night time.

BTW, overal impression is excellent.

I will try to live with the clouding issues...

Congratulations Gregory on your new purchase!!

Please don't take offence, but how can you be happy with a brand new TV that cost a lot of money and has a problem that you cannot fix???

I would not be happy if my new $12,000AU Television had a clouding issue, and this is why I haven't bought one...

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-18-2010 9:19 PM In reply to

Two things:

1. You say you think it's a bit low. Did you feel that way with the Avant? They're not that different in viewing height. 

2. I'm amazed that I've only seen/heard of the clouding issue here. Many faults and "eccentricities" with the products are known and discussed within our ranks.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-19-2010 8:34 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Considering your answers, I have a few things to ad.

- There's only one centimeter betwen the two TV's, but when you see it in real, BV10-40 seems much lower maybe because it is wider.

It's just esthetical, when I sit to watch Tv the height is just perfect.

- Speaking of "eccentricities", I can find one : try to connect easily a video camera or earphones on the BV10...

I told my whife : "if you whant to see the kids on TV with the video camera, ask me one week before".

- In my little brain, I think that the "clouds" on black screens are inherent of LCD/LED technology, that's why it's not so important.

You can't complain about a supercar being too low or using to much petrol.

Now, if my TV should have perfect black even betwen a channel or source change that's an other story and I can change my mind for the fact I can live with it.

Anyway, I will check tomorrow with the tech that comes for the PUC codes.

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)