in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2011 7:59 AM by ibg001. 34 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2010 10:15 AM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

FAQ for B&O RF Link Amplifier - functional question

hi,

i think i have understood the technical aspects of the rfla, or at least the basics...

i am curious to know how it functions from a user point of view. if i set things up correctly i should get my tv channels and bluray player output (as an example) running down the same cable.

but how does it appear to the user. is the bluray player output seen as an additional channel ? or does it automatically switch to the signal once the bluray player is activated and remain "invisible" the rest of the time ?

this may seem like a silly question. but i am currently using a lexcom box to integrate a media player signal into my tv channels and it simply shows up as an extra tv channel .

thanks for your help !

- scott

• 09-17-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

Re: FAQ for B&O RF Link Amplifier

ibg001:

I have probably found something. In Settings where you also can change the link frequency you can also activate the RF modulator. It is by defualt set to auto, but if you do no use a Bevisio TV in the link room the modulator will not be activated automatically.

I have not tested this yet.

Yes !

That's the setting I confused with the "Active Antenna".

I too find this area confusing -- so you still may need a link room signal to trigger things.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-17-2010 2:10 PM In reply to

Re: FAQ for B&O RF Link Amplifier - functional question

scott451:

i am curious to know how it functions from a user point of view. if i set things up correctly i should get my tv channels and bluray player output (as an example) running down the same cable.

For me (I have some old, non-B&Os CRTs as my link room TVs) the behaviour is as follows:

-- the TVs are tuned into Australia's 5 standard analogue TV signals that I believe the RF Amplifier is re-broadcasting from my roof aerial, I switch between these using the TVs non-B&O remote and the audio comes from the TVs

-- the CRT TVs are also tuned to a sixth channel which is the link frequency of the mb BV8-32

Now assume I have switched on a CRT TV to the link frequency

-- if I use my Beo4 in the link rooms and I press [TV] I get the standard analogue channel re-broadcast from the BV8-32, and my Beo4 up [ ^ ] & down [ v ] buttons change the analogue channels that the BV8 is transmitting on the link frequency ... my audio is coming from the CRT's channels AND from the link room's BeoLabs

-- if I use my Beo4 in the link rooms and I press [DTV] I get the standard Australian FreeView digital channel re-broadcast from the BV8-32, and my Beo4 up [ ^ ] & down [ v ] buttons change the digital channels inside the BV8 and a new show appears on the CRT's link frequency channel ... my audio is coming from the CRT's channels AND from the link room's BeoLabs ... the Beo4's volume control only changes the BeoLabs and not the CRT's speaker

-- if I use my Beo4 in the link rooms and I press the soft button [V-AUX] I get whatever my Foxtel box is tuned to re-broadcast from the BV8-32, and my Beo4 up [ ^ ] & down [ v ] buttons change the Foxtel's channels, and I can interact with its menus (via [MENU] etc) ... my audio is coming from the CRT's channels AND from the link room's BeoLabs

-- if I use my Beo4 in the link rooms and I press [DVD] I get the DVD re-broadcast from the BV8-32, and my Beo4 buttons control the DVD player ... my audio is coming from the CRT's channels AND from the link room's BeoLabs

I really set this all up as an experiment to see how it all works and to enable my sons to use the CRTs for their late night watching or for watching when they were working in their rooms, but for my wife and I 99.99% of our TV watching was with the BV8-32 ... now that we have an iPad in the house we use that as a small portable TV, but there we are leveraging the MacMini and its Elgato eyeTV which is connected/tuned into one of the RF Amplifiers 4 output cables

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-14-2010 7:01 AM In reply to

I have now tried with no success. I have installed a Bang & Olufsen RF Link amplifier. Så the setup is now now. The aerial is connected directly to the RF link amplifier. RF out from the BV 8-32 to the "mod in" on the RF amplifier. The digital settop box to tap 2 on the RF link amplifier. The link room is connect to tap3.

In the main room every thing works. The Set top box is activated with V.AUX and this work. The DVD works fine. In the link room the aerial signal is fine, and can tune EyeTV in to all free channels. In Eye TV I have setup a analogue channel in EyeTV on the frequency 599,25 (Link), but there is no signal on the link frequency.

In setting (TV > MENU > setting. I have checked the link frequency and it is 599 mHz. I have been told to change the modulator setting from "Auto" to "On", since it is only Bang & Olufsen equipment that can turn it on automatically, but the weird thing is. I press "go" to save the settings and open to menu again to check the setting is then altered back to "Auto" Why does the BV8-32 not keep the setting. Why?

• 10-16-2010 12:40 AM In reply to

I used all the taps on my RF Amplifier, I just tried to check what goes with what but the rats' nest of wires prevents me from tracing everything, but it sounds like that part is wired correctly.

I set my link frequency to 450, mainly because I was having trouble detecting the signal and I thought I might be dealing with an issue where the link frequency was above the frequency range that the TVs of my country were expecting.  My other setting is "B/G".

I too have noticed that annoying reset from MANUAL to AUTO but I think that is OK.

How are you getting a link room command to get to the BV8 to trigger its operation ? 

• 10-18-2010 1:30 PM In reply to

I think I soon will give up.

I use a DTV on a Beo4 to activate the mainroom BV8-32 from the link. This works fine. The TV turns on (green light). I try to change the frequence to 450 as suggested. I tuned in a analogue channel i EyeTV to 450,25 mHz and suddenly I got a signal. Now everything looked almost fine. The quality was not the best.

Then I tried another frequency, but not signal from the main room. The TV still turn on. Now comes the weird thing. I changed the link frequency back  to 450 on both the TV and in EyeTV, but now there is no signal again. This is really weird.

The normal antenna signal still works. So it is not the cable from the RF link amplifier. Still wondering if it is the BV8-32.

• 03-03-2011 12:13 PM In reply to

Strange issue:

my LinkTV channel on EyeTV works only if the linkroom BeoVision 7 is on. If I switch off this TV, EyeTV link channel doesn't work anymore... I already set modular setting to "On". Any idea?

• 03-06-2011 5:00 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Hi, I have a Beosystem 1 EU in the main room and I want to distribute the sources connected to it to other rooms. But when I connect the incoming RF signal to it and then the other rooms to the outgoing link on the Beosystem I get no signal (not even the incomming signal) in the other rooms if the Beosystem is turned off. Should it be like that? If I turn the Beosystem on then the incomming signal is distributed to the other rooms.
  • 03-06-2011 7:48 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

lano:

I have a Beosystem 1 EU in the main room and I want to distribute the sources connected to it to other rooms

You are a little bit "off topic" - the BSys 1 is not intended to be used with the
    RF-Link-Amplifier cause it has a "RF-Mixing-Stage" already built in.

(But you can use the B&O RF-Link-Amplifier as a High Quality Aerial Distribution Amplifier
    for the outgoing signal to the Link-Rooms )  

The BeoSystem 1 is similar to the electronics of an Avant.
    The incoming aerial signal is "looped through" the BSys1 to the ANTENNA LINK OUT.
    The BSys 1 acts as a "RF Mixing Amplifier" for the incoming aerial signal AND the
    RF modulated signals of sources conected to the BSys1 like DVD/VCR/SetTopBox ...
    Of course the BSys 1 has to be either in "standby" or "on" to be able to distribute
    the signal.  

If a non B&O TV is connected in the Link-Room the Option for "Modulator" in the
    setup menu of your BSys1 has to be set to "ON"

• 03-08-2011 7:59 AM In reply to

Re: FAQ for B&O RF Link Amplifier

Suddenly it works. I have not done anything - at least what I know of. The only thing I have done is that I set the modulator option to "on" once more.

It seem like even if you just open the link frequency menu on the TV it the RF amplifier is turned off. Then set it to "on" again and DO NOT open to check.

The only problems now in Eye-tv is:

• Poor picture quality. Why
    • The picture format do not really match. Why? I have tried to change.

Even the standard link frequency 599 works but same poor quality.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2