in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2010 12:28 PM by mollydog. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2010 12:28 PM

Beovision 3 going into safety/shutdown mode-any clues?

Hi again,

My Beo 3 has had this intermittent fault for around 8 months now.

Initially my local B&O technician said it could be anywhere in "the electronic circuits" and so he and the dealer recommended replacing the complete chassis.In the meantime the set started working again for around 2 months then failed. However on the second visit, the engineer said he thought the problem wasn't the electronics at all but that the problem lay in a build up of corrosion within the Tube  itself, something he said he'd come across once before on an Avant, which apparently shares the same model of tube. After 4 attempts involving gently tapping  the exposed end of the tube ( to dislodge the build up) and reconnecting everything, the TV sprang back into life!

Sadly, today its gone into safety/shut down mode again.(standby light goes from red to green,a brief crackle and then nothing,the speakers attached, then power down, although the TV green light remains on.)

I wondered if anyone out there has come across anything similar or might have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)