in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-06-2011 3:29 PM by Opman. 55 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2010 6:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5 quality in general

koning:

If you use the beoline2 then everything is 'fine'.

I do use the Beoline 2 and I wish everything was fine:

- Can't use phone book in Beocom 6000

- Line keeps on getting disconnected or distorted when moving between rooms with Beocom 5 (I also have a B&O DECT repeater in use)

- Occasionally connection problems with Beocom 6000

- Occasionaly loses base

Overall the Beocom 5 is not reliable at all and it's a lottery if it works or not, especially when you are not in the room where the base is.  Even with the Base 2. With the Beocom 6000 and its pyramid base I never had these problems and it worked flawlessly throughout the house. The only thing that works well and I am happy with is the speaker. But spending so much money and having such an unreliable product frustrates me.  

• 05-16-2010 7:08 AM In reply to

Get your dealer to call you via the speaker. If you can understand ANYTHING he says, then it might have improved.

Juan Herrero

• 05-16-2010 7:16 AM In reply to

ralfja:

koning:

I do use the Beoline 2 and I wish everything was fine:

- Can't use phone book in Beocom 6000

- Line keeps on getting disconnected or distorted when moving between rooms with Beocom 5 (I also have a B&O DECT repeater in use)

- Occasionally connection problems with Beocom 6000

- Occasionaly loses base

Overall the Beocom 5 is not reliable at all and it's a lottery if it works or not, especially when you are not in the room where the base is.  Even with the Base 2. With the Beocom 6000 and its pyramid base I never had these problems and it worked flawlessly throughout the house. The only thing that works well and I am happy with is the speaker. But spending so much money and having such an unreliable product frustrates me.  

Do you have the latest Sw 1.70.

• 05-16-2010 7:36 AM In reply to

Another user without problems here.

Since the purchase I have no problems as discribed above.

Everytime I use the BC5 it works fine, so the BC5 seems to be probably a bit sensitive to it surroundings. 

But I have to say that I only have a BC5 with a Beoline ISDN without the use of a speakerbase or beoline2.

• 05-16-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

koning:

I don't :( Is the beoline2 compatible with my old MKI BeoCom 2's?

• 05-16-2010 9:09 AM In reply to

I don't know,I use the beocom 5 with the speakerstation with no other telefoons.

Everthing is working fine.

• 05-16-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

While I'm glad to hear that there are a few users out there without problems, the majority do have at least minor issues. To date I have not been able to get two handsets to work in my own showroom. The problems are also not isolated to SW issues. Buttons consistently stick on most of the handsets and the wheels often feel like there are shards of metal underneath them. 

It frustrates me to no end, not only because customers still want them (I guess not everyone does their homework on the internet) and I have to tell them that B&O is nearly 6 months into a fix and has made little progress. I'd be a lot more satisfied if they just called it a day and refunded anyone who was interested. We knew we were getting out of phones before this product was launched and it seem that our exit couldn't come too soon. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-16-2010 9:47 AM In reply to

deleted

• 05-16-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

I'm not actually selling them (no one, at least in the US, is). They've been on hold while they weave new software on their electronic looms. But we got a lot of units out the door over the holiday season before we knew the extent of the ****erage. 

(edited to get past automoderation - mika)

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-30-2010 2:55 AM In reply to

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Any news about the problems, have they been solved ?

• 05-30-2010 5:34 AM In reply to

I've been told that the dealers got new test software!

• 05-30-2010 9:24 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

koning:

Wich base do you use Yann

Hello,

I use Beoline 2.

At home, I also use a 1st generation BC6000 with it's own base, a wireless router and a Siemens DECT phone with it's own base.

No problems between all these devices.

Have a nice sunday,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 07-02-2010 6:37 PM In reply to

• Clakke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-01-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Hi

The purchase of a phone has been delayed for us. We will probably not buy anything for a month or two. How does it look for Beocom 5 now? is it still awful. 

B R

Clakke

• 07-02-2010 7:51 PM In reply to

Sw 1.90 makes everything right.

I'm still happySmile

• 07-03-2010 6:50 AM In reply to

Has anyone in the UK found it bearable yet? eg carried on a sensible conversation via the speakerphone?

Juan Herrero

• 07-03-2010 10:00 AM In reply to

Given my past comments on this thread, I feel I should report that since the last software upgrade a few weeks ago everything appears to be normal. The issues (dropping calls, static, unable to register, and on and on) have all been resolved as far as I can tell. The speakerphone sounds terrific and I have come to use it very heavily since gaining confidence in it. 

I will maintain that the process that got us here was absolutely unacceptable, but I won't dwell any further on it. As far as I'm concerned we have a stable phone system and anyone who is still interested should feel comfortable with making the purchase.

• 07-03-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

My experience closely mirrors Trip's.  The latest software seems to have squashed the bugs.

I will say, however, that having lived through the roll-out of the BeoCom 6000/US 10 years ago, this could have been worse.  At least with the BeoCom 5 the problems were universal, not market specific, which brought B&O's full attention to bear much more quickly.  Oh, the tales I could tell.  But since I still own two of the original 6000's, I can only hope that the 5's age as well.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-12-2010 8:18 AM In reply to

I should get my Beocom 5 next week (as well as a pair of BeoLab 3's Big Smile ).

So is there any news on Software etc. regarding BeoCom 5? Because my dealer told me that they are just getting a new update and that my BeoCom 5 will already be update with that one.

• 12-12-2010 3:59 PM In reply to

I have version 2.00

Date 5 juli 2010

I don't know if it is the latest sw version

• 12-12-2010 4:18 PM In reply to

I have 2.10, dated 16 nov 2010.

• 12-12-2010 4:43 PM In reply to

Well, it seems like B&O is still doing some work on BC5's software, thats fine. Yes -  thumbs up

I will post my software version as soon as i get it an we will see if there has been a change since November. Smile

• 12-12-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

Does anyone know what's been improved with Sw 2.10

• 12-13-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

NobodyConfused

• 12-13-2010 5:24 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

BeoCom 5 software 2.1 released 06/12/10

Handset loses contact with base; "Base not found"
    No dial tone on line 2 after incoming call. US only
    No caller-ID, no missed call, no caller-ID in list with software 2.0
    With Swedish base language, the duration of the call no longer fits in the screen area

Opman

• 12-13-2010 11:58 PM In reply to

Thank you.

I'm gonna visit my dealer again.

Page 2 of 3 (56 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >