in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-23-2007 5:23 PM by The Plumber. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2007 7:29 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

For Sale & Wanted Forums- News

After lengthy discussion by the BeoWorld team, it has been decided that everyone can now view the For Sale and Wanted Forums!

The decision behind this was that the Silver and Gold Members that support the site were not getting the target audience that is required when selling an item within such a limited audience. We do try and offer paying members extra services as sincere thanks for supporting the site and keeping it going - and we saw this move as an improvement as they will be reaching a much wider audience.

Please note that posting a For Sale or Wanted advert is still only open to Silver/Gold members.

Thank you all for your continued support, and we hope you will see this as a further improvement - which we hope to keep on doing!

The BeoWorld Team.

Big Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-21-2007 10:58 PM In reply to

Re: For Sale & Wanted Forums- News

A wise and logical decision.
  • 06-22-2007 3:39 AM In reply to

Yes I think you guys made the right decission as well.
  • 06-22-2007 4:39 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Lee, an other idea might be to allow only the owner to post! Quite often a discussion starts if the price is good or bad or what ever and it gets OT very soon. An other forum which I use quite frequently changed that and now the sales forum is much morre straight forward.

Hopefully you have a chance to consider this in one of your next meetings.

Karsten 

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 06-22-2007 4:52 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Surely that's a matter of etiquette. In the good-old-days of internet news, every xxx.sale group had an associated xxx.sale.d group, for discussions on items from the xxx.sale group. Follow-ups to the xxx.sale group were frowned upon. Unfortunately, once aol and others started letting in the general public, this aspect of netiquette became ignored. As a result, the xxx.sale groups attained too low a signal to noise ratio, and ebay moved in.

To put that more suscinctly, I support the idea of encouraging discussions of "for sale" items being held *outside* the "for sale" groups - but isn't that what the General Forum is for?

Mark

• 06-23-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

9 LEE:

After lengthy discussion by the BeoWorld team, it has been decided that everyone can now view the For Sale and Wanted Forums!

What about minimum bronze membership?

It will still be free for those who don´t want to pay, but some of the new bronze members will sooner or later upgrade.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 06-23-2007 5:23 PM In reply to

Very good move in my opinion. I bought my first B&O through the For Sale section of the old beoworld, which led to an addition to B&O and beoworld, which led me to join the Connisuiers Club and ultimately support the site.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)