in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2010 6:44 AM by Paul. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2010 9:20 AM In reply to

Re: vintage speaker selection

It was a mildly successful attempt by the German standards authority to lay minimum requirements on what could be called "high fidelity". The usefulness got quickly limited because of the rapid advances of technology in those days, and as the "hi-fi" badge got slapped on just about anything anyway.

The actual standard apparently still isn't freely available, but you might be well entertained reading what the Gramophone magazine had to say about it in the January, 1970 issue. The discussion continues in the following issues as well - better use the search box, as the complete issues are rather tedious to leaf through on the web interface.

-mika

• 04-14-2010 9:23 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    It was a mildly successful attempt by the German standards authority to lay minimum requirements on what could be called "high fidelity".

ReinHiFitsgebot?

Hmm

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-14-2010 9:27 AM In reply to

Laughing At least they got some sense in the connector mess!

(Note that the RCA/phono/cinch connector that prevails nowadays is far from perfect - it is coaxial which is nice, but the fact that it usually connects signal before ground, certainly isn't.)

-mika

• 04-14-2010 9:40 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

ReinHiFitsgebot?

Speakers can only be made of Water,Barley,hops,yeast?

• 04-27-2010 6:28 PM In reply to

Apologies for the delay in posting the picture.

The relative sizes of the S45-2 and the S30 can be seen here, along with a CX100 for reference.

The S30 (type 6301)  is often found guilty by association with it's later, bulkier, inferior namesake but is  IMHO a great little speaker. The more astute amongst you will have noticed that the s30 is upside down!

Simon

• 04-28-2010 6:44 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-20-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the pic,Simon.That S30 looks like something I need to put on my list.This thread,like all others I have posted,has proven very informative.I started out with almost no knowledge of the real gems that B&O produced,now I have quite a few ideas.In fact,I just purchased a set of Beovox 2200s and a Beomaster1000 combo which I am very pleased with.See the posting on it.

Thanks to all

Paul 

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2