in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-08-2010 5:49 PM by pcd2005. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2010 3:18 PM

• pcd2005
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2010
    • Gloucestershire UK
    • Posts 14
    • Silver Member

Help please!!! BeoMaster 6500 ..........no speaker output.

Last nght it was fine!  Now tonight, I cannot get sound from the actives or from the passives - but I do get sound from the Headphones.  I guess a visit to the B&O repair shop is called for unless there is something simple (hope springs eternal) I have missed?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.  Many thanks.

Peter

Filed under:
  • 04-07-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: Help please!!! BeoMaster 6500 ..........no speaker output.

The switch in the headphone socket could be stuck, causing the speakers to be muted all the time. If you toggle the mute function from the remote (or the front panel), do you hear a relay click? You should also hear the same click each time you pull the headphone plug in or out.

-mika

• 04-07-2010 4:21 PM In reply to

• pcd2005
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2010
    • Gloucestershire UK
    • Posts 14
    • Silver Member

Thanks for your reply Mika - no I hear no clicks at all using either of the mute controls or from the unit when inserting the headphone jack.  I hear clicks through the headphones of course, but not from the amp.  This indicates the relay is not working?

Peter

• 04-07-2010 4:41 PM In reply to

Most likely the socket problem. Before I posted, I actually verified how it is supposed to work with a headphone jack and my 6500 - and managed to get the Beomaster into a state where the speakers stayed muted even with the plug out. I removed the plug, turned the Beomaster off & on and it worked again. A couple of times, when I removed the headphone jack, the relay click (and the sound through the speakers) only happened after a second or two. I guess this might be a common problem with the socket, oxidation or something.

Try inserting and removing the plug several times to see if you can get it to work again. If not, you will need to get it sorted from the inside.

Of course it might be a problem with the relay itself or the circuit controlling it, but the socket is my first guess. Can't be too expensive to fix - since you hear music through the headphones, the amp itself is still fine.

-mika

• 04-07-2010 4:57 PM In reply to

• pcd2005
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2010
    • Gloucestershire UK
    • Posts 14
    • Silver Member

Nope......still no luck  Sad  I will have another go tomorrow and then of to B&O workshop Gloucester, if no luck.......

Thanks again for you input!

Peter

• 04-07-2010 5:37 PM In reply to

• pcd2005
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2010
    • Gloucestershire UK
    • Posts 14
    • Silver Member

Ha!  One final try before bed and - hey presto, it works!Big Smile  I tried switching the unit on (well from standby) with the headphone jack in place and then pulled it out and we now have sound. (How long for..........?)  But will enjoy it and be thankful while it lasts.

Many thanks - without your comments, I would probably be headed for ££ bills.

Peter

• 04-07-2010 5:40 PM In reply to

Good Smile It will eventually need service anyway, but it will probably work a long time if you don't use the headphones. Seems though that a simple cleaning of the switch in the socket would do the job.

-mika

• 04-08-2010 4:30 PM In reply to

Its funny because my Beomaster 6500 has started doing the same.

The day before I was muting a cd for longer but it worked fine when I finally did unmute it.

The next day nothing in the Beovox S80.2 or MCL link room but on the aux through the AV9000 I have sound.

I have never used the headphone socket in the year of using it.

• 04-08-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

• pcd2005
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-04-2010
    • Gloucestershire UK
    • Posts 14
    • Silver Member

My 6500 fault is clearly in the headphone mini jack socket - tonight again no sound (but I do have through the MCL and headphones) but I was able to jiggle the thing to life quite quickly.......

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)