in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-14-2010 8:25 AM by BeoGreg. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2010 10:36 AM

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Beovision 10 questions.

Hello Peter and Svend fans !

That's it, I've ordered a Beovision 10 (40" blue) to replace my good old Avant 32" blue (with two STB brackets decoder and PS3).

Delivery on the 16th of april (fingers crossed).

So (for the moment) I have two questions for the experts :

- in the technical specs of the Tv there's a "split screen" fonction : picture and picture. Have you heard of that, does it work with TV or DTV ?

- can you fully control a PS3 slim with the Beo4 and IR trans, I heard that it's impossible to switch on the PS3 but after a manual switch on it works fine ?

Thanks for your help !

Cheers,

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 04-07-2010 10:52 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 10 questions.

- can you fully control a PS3 slim with the Beo4 and IR trans, I heard that it's impossible to switch on the PS3 but after a manual switch on it works fine ?

Yes manual controlled  on / off rest will be okay.

• 04-07-2010 1:18 PM In reply to

For PS3 control, check out www.re-bl.com

There is a specific RE-BL PUC that can be added to the TV by your dealer.  As this is an IR/Bluetooth converter, it can turn the PS3 on and off.  The newer version can be connected to the PUC output simply with a 3.5mm stereo jack cable - no need for the IR blaster to stick on the front.

• 04-07-2010 5:37 PM In reply to

The P-and-P function uses two different sources, fx DTV and PS3. 

I recommend RE-BL, works just perfect here, when I push V.MEM on my Beo4, the TV turns the PS3 on. You can use up, down, right and left. Blue is X, red is square, green is triangle and yellow is circle. I cant find the PS-button. You can set the TV to shut PS3 off, or just turn PS3 off manually in the menu.

csmager: I dont think you can use jack-jack to control RE-BL, I think the jack is IR-out, to control other equipment. I doesnt work with me. Anyway, it works just perfect with the ir, and the ir is in the box when you buy RE-BL. 

• 04-08-2010 6:16 AM In reply to

• Martin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-08-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

The RE-BL (classic) supports an IR-blaster from the PUC output sticked to the front. In order to use a jack-jack cable directly from the PUC output you will need the newer version of the RE-BL (named RE-BL X) which superseeded the RE-BL (classic) in feb. 2010.

The RE-BL X supports both the IR-blaster stick-on from the PUC output, but it also supports a jack-jack cable directly from the PUC output to the IR-port of the RE-BL X. You just need to use the RE-BL X configuration software to change the IR-port mode to "External modulated".

The PS button is available as GO+0 on the Beo 4 remote. For a complete button map see http://www.re-bl.com/default.asp?show=pic&picID=1 a quickstart guide for Beo4 / Beo5 is available at http://www.re-bl.com/default.asp?show=supportdetail&ProductID=1&SupportID=32

Best regards,

Martin, Software engineer

http://www.re-bl.com

• 04-08-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Thanks guy's that's helpfull !

Gregory

Since 1995 : Beosound Century, Beolink 1000, Beocom 2400, Beovision MX 6000, Beocord VX 7000, Beo 4, LC2, Beosound Ouverture, Beolab 2500, Beocom 6000, Beolab 8000, Beosound 9000, Beovision Avant 32, Keyring, Bottle opener, Beosound 2, A8, Beosound 3, Beovision 10-40, Beo 4 Navigation, BeoTime, Beocom 5, Form 2...  

• 04-13-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

It seems there are multiple solutions to control a PS3 with a Beo4 - with the aforementioned RE-BL or a Nyko USB IR-receiver among others. Does one of these solutions work markedly better than the other? What I've read is that both methods duplicate all the buttons of the PS3 controller, with the exception that the Nyko cannot turn the PS3 on, while RE-BL can (since it's based on Bluetooth, not IR signals routed through the USB port). I've also read somewhere that there's a slight delay through the Nyko transmitter; perhaps the RE-BL eliminates this delay? Is the button mapping similar for both solutions?

My upcoming BV 10 should be new enough that the PUC list contains the RE-BL. If it's not on there, would it be a simple matter for my dealer to obtain the RE-BL PUC and add it on? He's familiar with the Nyko but has not heard of the RE-BL. It may be that the PUC list varies among different regions.

Thanks for all opinions!

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 04-14-2010 4:47 AM In reply to

• Martin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-08-2009
    • Denmark
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

It is correct that the Nyko adapter routes the received commands to the PS3 through the USB port, and RE-BL uses a wireless bluetooth connection. The bluetooth connection allows for the RE-BL to turn on the PS3 which is one of the big advantages over the Nyko adapter. Also the RE-BL does not occupy a USB port on front of the PS3. The Nyko supports 25 commands and the RE-BL supports all 51 commands that the original SONY BD remote supports.

The Nyko needs an IR-blaster cable from the TV to function, the RE-BL also supports this feature but it can also be directly connected with a jack-jack cable from the PUC output of the TV to the IR-port of the RE-BL which is a more stable connection.

If your new TV does not already contain the "Sony PS3 RE-BL" on the STB list, it can easily be added by your dealer. The "Sony PS3 RE-BL" is officially supported by B&O and is available in their service tool.

The Nyko adapter is based on simpler technology (IR/USB) and has therefore been on the market a longer time than RE-BL that is based on wireless Bluetooth technology. Therefore the Nyko may be more well-known to some dealers.

As for the response delay, we have had focus on this issue from the beginning and have done everything possible to minimize the delay. The button map of the RE-BL is available here: http://www.re-bl.com/default.asp?show=pic&picID=1 i don't know if it's the same button map as the Nyko adapter.

Best regards

Martin, Software engineer

http://www.re-bl.com

Filed under:
  • 04-14-2010 8:25 AM In reply to

• BeoGreg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-24-2008
    • South of France
    • Posts 139
    • Gold Member

Just to let you know that i've orderred a RE-BL for my coming BV10 (on friday afternoon fingers crossed).

No way I could use a B & O TV without controling all the PS3 features (especially on / off), knowing such a system exists !

I'm doing it now since almost ten years with my good old Avant with STB for cable TV and DVD controller for Phillips DVD player.

Hope I can tell you soon if everything works fine.

Cheers,

Gregory

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)