in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-08-2010 5:11 AM by Peter. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-07-2010 6:10 AM

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

HDR-1 as STB controller and more...

Hi All,

I saw an ad with a used HDR-1 at a price of 200 Euros and the gadget freak in me immediatly woke up..

I have a Beovision 3-32 without STB controller card and I have an AppleTV and a DTV box from Sagem to watch digital TV.
    Since I would like to control those boxes too with my BEO4 I thought the HDR-1 might be a solution that also add HDD recording to the mix.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to control 2 non B&O items via the built in STB in HDR-1 just as if I had a STB card in my BV3 ? And is it "upgradeable" to handle AppleTV? The price for this used HDR-1 is almost the same as buying a STB card to the BV3 or a separate Lintronic box..
    What would you suggest is the best solution, HDR-1 STB, BV3 built in STB card or Lintronic?

2. If I understand correctly, the HDD is only 80 GB which is not much these days, can it be changed to a bigger one without any problems? And can I somehow get the content out from the disc (whithout dis-assemble the whole box)

3. Is there any functionality to use the HDR-1 as a digital box? card reader etc?

Let me know what you think about HDR-1, is it worth buying?

Thanks!

/Peter

• 04-07-2010 7:26 AM In reply to

Re: HDR-1 as STB controller and more...

Peter, take a look here.

This doesn't address all of your issues, but I have found that the HDR1 is a good way of adding an STB controller with a reasonably up-to-date STB-C list. (Although I can't recall whether apple is in the list or not..... and I am not at my HDR1 location today to check.)

Lee has just dropped the price of HDR1 's at Lifestyle, so you should be able to get one for £145 or thereabouts.

I use my HDR1 with a freeview box that wasn't in the chip on my BV5 (which was made just before digital freeview came out in the UK.) If you are watching standard definition TV the HDR1 has more than enough capacity for recording. As you will see from the above link, you can't run two STBs with two IR blasters from the HDR1 (but could still put a module into your TV with a separate blaster or even run two HDR1's with STBs if your TV has two suitable scarts).  It might still be possible to get your dealer to put a later STB chip into your HDR1 if you find that you need a later version. I would guess that this would be at a reasonable cost (or even a diy possibility)......the HDR1 can be taken in rather than having to call the dealer out to look at/ install a TV module & chip. (Can anyone else confirm that the HDR1 chip can be upgraded?)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 04-07-2010 11:06 AM In reply to

The HDR1 stb flash chip can be upgraded by B&O Service Tool MKll .

BeoVision 4 - 50 HD -  Beo5 - Beolab 5 - Beolab 7-1 - Beolab 6000 .

• 04-08-2010 5:11 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your replies, Graham and Talisman.,

I think I might go for a Lintronic box first ( might be more stuff I want to be able to remote control with BEO4)...

Anyone with experience with changing harddrive to a bigger one and transferring / burning the videos off from the HDR-1?

/P

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)