in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2007 3:05 PM by Peter. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-21-2007 11:19 AM

BeoWorld meeting in London

Hello

I haven't been on this forum more than 6 months, but was wondering if there are held any beoworlds meetings in London during the year?

- christian 

• 06-21-2007 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: BeoWorld meeting in London

The new BeoWorld hasn't even been running that long yet Smile

However you've made a good point! Any rumours of a BeoWorld meeting in the capital? I bet if there is I'm already booked on vacation, just my luck as usual really so I won't keep my hopes up too high.

• 06-21-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

Not yet - but why not come to the Manchester one and come and see what the Midlands are like! Laughing
  • 06-21-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

Are you pulling my leg Peter? I'll be abroad Angry
  • 06-21-2007 11:55 AM In reply to

I meant Christian! Laughing However if we are thinking of a London one, which would seem very reasonable, we need to have a friendly B&O dealer - what about Denis Carr - a truly fine man and excellent salesman who has the Upminster branch . Not sure if he will agree but certainly worth asking. I dare say if a silver tongued chap like Henry were to approach him, he could well agree! Make it at a week-end, and I will certainly come down!
  • 06-21-2007 12:09 PM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

Plenty of warning please.It makes it so much cheaper for flights. London was mentioned one evening in Struer as somewhere people could fly into easily and relatively cheaply.
  • 06-21-2007 12:51 PM In reply to

Manchester, Peter? You must be mad Wink - that means going outside the M25 - out into the wild, who knows what's out there ....

Londonw would be fun if there were any friendly B&O dealers around to host it - doesnt have to be right in the middle of holiday season either

• 06-21-2007 2:15 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I could ask B&O Knightsbridge?  Utterly stunning store, with BeoLiving too - and owned by a really nice chap!

Lee
    Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-21-2007 2:47 PM In reply to

• 06-21-2007 2:48 PM In reply to

Yeah Lee - sounds great
  • 06-21-2007 4:15 PM In reply to

chrisped:

Manchester, Peter? You must be mad Wink - that means going outside the M25 - out into the wild, who knows what's out there ....

Hahaha Laughing Peter you must be barking mad!

I agree with Lee, the Knightsbridge store is fantastic.

• 06-25-2007 6:41 PM In reply to

I'd be interested in a Beoworld meeting in London, as I live there.  Can't make Manchester due to holidays; shame, great nightlife.

Bought quite a bit of stuff from B&O Knightsbridge before Abraham moved on to Selfridges.  The turnover of staff is so high in London, it's hard to build a relationship with a dealer.  But we tend to use South Molton St and Knightsbridge the most, for new stuff.  Still trying to find a sympathetic local dealer to sort out the glitches in my old LX6000, MX2000 and VHS91.

Lawrence
    Lawrence
  • 06-26-2007 8:14 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    Not yet - but why not come to the Manchester one and come and see what the Midlands are like! Laughing
    The midlands eh? Sorry - don't have a boat Stick out tongue I'd like this though. Summer holidays and I could always spare a few moments of my valuable time for BeoWorld! I'll speak to my secretary...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-26-2007 8:42 AM In reply to

lawrencejmcook:
    I'd be interested in a Beoworld meeting in London, as I live there.  Can't make Manchester due to holidays; shame, great nightlife.

Bought quite a bit of stuff from B&O Knightsbridge before Abraham moved on to Selfridges.  The turnover of staff is so high in London, it's hard to build a relationship with a dealer.  But we tend to use South Molton St and Knightsbridge the most, for new stuff.  Still trying to find a sympathetic local dealer to sort out the glitches in my old LX6000, MX2000 and VHS91.

Lawrence

I would suggest contacting Tim Jarman who is skilled in this era of equipment. He can be reached via the Beocentral website.

• 06-26-2007 8:50 AM In reply to

yes yes beo meeting@london... i fancy that.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 06-26-2007 11:33 AM In reply to

• 07-07-2007 7:00 AM In reply to

so this is OFF now...instead it will be Manchester??
  • 07-07-2007 8:36 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-15-2007
    • Posts 1,256
    • Founder

I hope not.

I think lets get Manchester done and then think about a London get together.... how about we look at the end of September beginning of October? That way flights and hotels can be booked nice and early and we can get a more international gathering together.

Kevin 

• 07-07-2007 5:35 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well I would still be up for another get together in London.Stick out tongueHope this happens.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-08-2007 4:24 AM In reply to

Thats sounds good...october for meBeer

or Lee? 

• 07-09-2007 1:20 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder