in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-03-2010 8:46 AM by ducha. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-02-2010 10:49 PM

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Connecting Pentas with Speakerlink

Hi everyone,

I have a pair of Penta IIs that I am trying to connect to a Beomaster 6500 with 4-pin Speakerlink cables and I am having problems. When they are connected as a pair, the displays light up on both speakers, but one speaker always remains in standby (red light on amp). When connected individually, each speaker works fine, but for some reason I cannot get both speakers to work at once. When connected with Powerlink cables, they work fine as a pair. When using 2-pin cables, they also work minus the displays. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?? I have tried all sorts of arrangements on the amp settings and with different connection combinations! Confused

Thanks,

Aaron

• 04-03-2010 3:41 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting Pentas with Speakerlink

Did you adjust the switches to: Auto?

Speakerlink sends only a left or a right signal, not both like powerlink.

• 04-03-2010 8:46 AM In reply to

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Re: Connecting Pentas with Speakerlink

Yes, I switched both panels to Auto and turned on the system. Both of the Pentas were green until I went from standby to playing a CD. At that point, one went red, and the other remained green and played. I have the Input level switch set at I. I reversed the cables into the receiver and still the same problem occured.

Aaron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)