in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2010 8:00 PM by kai. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2010 7:25 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Which Monitor to go with Beosystem 2 HD

What screen would you use to partner the above, I was considering the samsung led?? but would i be better going for a Panasonic monitior plasma, the reason i'm thinking of the samsung is power consumption, would like to know what you think???

Kai

• 04-01-2010 5:43 AM In reply to

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

Re: Which Monitor to go with Beosystem 2 HD

Hi Kai, 

the BeoSystem 2 sends control signals to the monitor via a serial cable connection and, AFAIK, expects an echoed response from the monitor to confirm the signal got through. It would be well worth checking that the Samsung can accept this kind of input and uses the same protocol. It will also be worth confirming that the Samsung screen supports the reslolution/freq that the BeoSystem 2 outputs. If it can handle the output but does not use the same control system/protocol it may be possible to run the Samsung monitor from the BeoSystem 2 if you place a loopback serial plug on the BeoSystem 2, this may spoof it into thinking it is talking to a Panasonic screen. However I have NOT tested this configuration myself so cannot be 100% sure. Maybe someone else on the forum could advise on this?

To be certain of it all working I'd look to a Panasonic panel (D7 or above). I hope this helps,

Nigel.

• 04-01-2010 8:00 PM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: Which Monitor to go with Beosystem 2 HD

Thanks Nigel, I know the panasonic works, so will have see if i can source one

Kai

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)