in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2010 7:35 PM by Dave. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2010 3:06 PM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Keyring controls

Today I got a nice present from my collegues: A B&O keyring!

What I was wondering about: Can I somehow change the control of the "video" knob? Now it turns on the tv function; I would like it to turn on the DTV function?

I assume I can not change this on the keyring, but maybe there is a way to change this setting on my BV8-40?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 03-31-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Keyring controls

Afraid the answer is no, shame as I doubt many people have anything connected to the RF connection.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-31-2010 3:21 PM In reply to

I have a faint memory of reading that on some TVs you can configure the TV command to actually select DTV - but of course this will only help if you really don't need the internal analogue tuner for anything.

I don't know if the BV8 was one of these TVs, hopefully somebody who knows will spot this thread. Alternatively, search the forums for the old thread.

-mika

• 03-31-2010 3:43 PM In reply to

the newer tv's have the option to turn off the anologue tuner. Then the tv button turns on the digital tuner.

• 03-31-2010 3:47 PM In reply to

Yes you can do this on your 8-40 (may need a software update), so a couple of the response above are incorrect

I think the option in the menu is "tuner setup"  and you get the option to enable and disable the analogue and Digital tuners.  If you disable analogue, and leave the digital tuner active then TV turns on your digi tuner.  You can then re-assign DTV to another source

• 03-31-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

rednik:

Yes you can do this on your 8-40 (may need a software update), so a couple of the response above are incorrect

I think the option in the menu is "tuner setup"  and you get the option to enable and disable the analogue and Digital tuners.  If you disable analogue, and leave the digital tuner active then TV turns on your digi tuner.  You can then re-assign DTV to another source

Thanks for the info.

I tried you suggestion, it worked!

Switching off the TV tuner AND selecting "tv" as the input in the connections screen makes the keyring work!

One action left: I need to adjust my Beo5 now since this is set to control the DTV. Nice job, but this has to wait a couple of days....

Thanks again for the info!

Bieele

• 03-31-2010 9:15 PM In reply to

thanks for the info!  another use for the keyring

BS1 x 2, BS 3, BS4, BS2000 x 3, BS2300, BS4000, BS9000, BL4, BL 4000 x 2, BL8000 x 2, BL2500 x 2, BL2000, Beocom 2, Beocom 6000 x 4, Beocom 1401 x 4, Beocom 1600 x 2, Beocom 2500 x 4, Beotalk 1200, A9 Keyring, Beo4 x 8, Beotime, Bottle Opener

2011 Wish List: BL3500, BL6000, BL5, BL9, active link, BS5, Beo5

• 04-01-2010 6:45 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

What a shame you cannot do anyting like that with the older TV's. All I ever use my keyring for is to turn on the lights as I get home.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-01-2010 8:39 AM In reply to

Craig:

What a shame you cannot do anyting like that with the older TV's. All I ever use my keyring for is to turn on the lights as I get home.Laughing

Why not? If you don't use the analogue tuner, you can configure your STB as decoder and "TV" will then turn the set on with that. I've got my MX6000 set up that way. V.TAPE can still be used for the other SCART.

-mika

• 04-01-2010 9:57 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Can you do this on a BV3-32? Also think it would make the STB controller useless. As it only works when SAT/DTV is pressed.

CraigSmile

• 04-01-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

I have no idea, it's not an "older TV" for me Laughing

You may be right about the controller problem. Otherwise I believe it would work with BV3 as well, if you can still assign a decoder to RF channels on it.

-mika

• 04-01-2010 11:08 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

tournedos:

I have no idea, it's not an "older TV" for me Laughing

Well it's older than TV's with built in Digital Tuners. Think ill just keep it as a light switch for now.Laughing

CraigSmile

• 04-01-2010 3:35 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Now that my keyring works; I would like to be able to control more lights around the house.

The Lutron Rania seems to be a nice solution. Prices for the B&O dimmers I found seem very high compared to the universal version.

Does anybody know where to get these dimmers at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Bieele

• 04-01-2010 7:35 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Craig:

CraigSmile

Don't forget you can use it to turn off the audio or video, and turn on the radio when you walk in the door... but you have to POINT it at the system. Keyring is a pretty pointless product with older TV's

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)