in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2010 10:18 AM by Evan. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2010 2:55 AM

• Thomas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 85
    • Founder

B&O iphone docking ?

Is this the iphone docking ?

From Peter Pan's tread in scandinavian section: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/311.aspx?PageIndex=17

Thomas

7-40 Mk3, Beo5/Beo4, Avant32DVD, BS3K, PentaIII, BL4K, BL Active w/BL2500, Avant28CTV,Beoport, AppleTV, 2xBC6K

• 03-29-2010 6:06 AM In reply to

Re: B&O iphone docking ?

• 03-29-2010 6:27 AM In reply to

No: that's the results of a lot of free time, boring and Photoshopping Stick out tongue

HDMI for an iPod?? Confused

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 03-29-2010 8:04 AM In reply to

• eagle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

• 03-29-2010 8:09 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

xegoon:

No: that's the results of a lot of free time,

Laughing

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-29-2010 8:15 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

eagle:

Does anyone know how to actually get their hand on a product from bosscom?? You have to be a dealer to even know the price

• 03-29-2010 9:05 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Looks like the a BeoCom 5 base... That bosscom is definitely next on my list. I'm tired of usng that tiny plastic apple dock remote.

Evan

• 03-29-2010 10:10 AM In reply to

Very nice teaser!!!

Very sad B&O Struer has no iPod/iPhone solution in 2010 yet!

Who would buy an original B&O iPod/iPhone solution? Where can we pre order?

Regards, Robert

• 03-29-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

• eagle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-26-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Yes, you have to be a dealer to shop at Bosscom.

The dock works just fine. Usage is done with the 4 coloured keys on Beo4.

The price is DKK 2.895,- and the iPod dock is found in both black and white.

• 03-29-2010 8:27 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

eagle:

The price is DKK 2.895,- and the iPod dock is found in both black and white.

Thanks for the info.

Well that translates to $573 AUD. Wow, that's excessive. It isn't even physically attractive!

Spend $49 less and get a Lintronic RT-238, which does everything you could ever want to do with IR signals and the Beo4. 
    ($455 AUD including all necessary accesories / excluding shipping of up to $60 AUD which i assume would be alot cheaper for you guys in Europe), + geniune apple IR dock ($69 AUD).

That's better!

• 03-29-2010 8:33 PM In reply to

Seeing things like that make me feel better about disregarding most of the opinions expressed around here.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-29-2010 9:52 PM In reply to

I am not sure why people would value an Iphone dock over something that links into Itunes just like an Ipod.

Designing an Iphone dock is quite an undertaking for them, just thinking about the rubber covers that I see so many peeps using. Also, if it rings you have to interrupt listening to music. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-29-2010 10:03 PM In reply to

I see a very limited use of an iPod/Phone dock.

Basically you have all your music on your PC/MAC/BS5... so why add a dock? A dock is only useful if your digital music is not connected to your audio system. So.. I hope that B&O is not wasting any time on a dock... and that they're spending their time on ironing out and adding functionality to the BeoSound/Master 5

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-30-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

Karel Uyttendaele:

Basically you have all your music on your PC/MAC/BS5... so why add a dock? A dock is only useful if your digital music is not connected to your audio system. So.. I hope that B&O is not wasting any time on a dock... and that they're spending their time on ironing out and adding functionality to the BeoSound/Master 5

What if a friend came over for dinner and said "Can I connect my iPod to your BeoSound 5 system and let you listen to my new album?"

• 03-30-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

Or worse, "Hey, I bought a new album today, wanna hear it?"

• 03-30-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

Aux in.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-30-2010 12:59 PM In reply to

I'm another who deosn't understand why anybody would want to dock an ipod/iphone.  As stated above it's already on your PC/NAS etc so just connect that into your system.  Use an apple TV if you like.  Either apple TV or just itunes on a PC will alow you to browse your music colection and select tracks, volume etc using the iphone which is still in your hands if it should ring or get a message.  Can also be controllable by beo4/5

I have seen ipod docks built into walls.  What's the point in that? 

Most of my mates don't use apple stuff, so if they do have an new album I might want to hear it is more likely to be on a Blackberry/creative/archos etc.  In that case an aux lead with a 3.5mm jack is much more flexible that an ipod dock.

• 03-30-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

scottyltd:

Karel Uyttendaele:

What if a friend came over for dinner and said "Can I connect my iPod to your BeoSound 5 system and let you listen to my new album?"

Sure! Here's the USB cable.. just connect it to my PC...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-30-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Why HDMI?

Next gen iphone will be 4G and downloading a movie will be a matter of a couple of minutes, an album a couple of seconds.

Looks like B&O are offering their apple customers different options for streaming in the future, about time too.

Fingers crossed anyway.

• 03-30-2010 5:18 PM In reply to

Jez... the picture of the dock is fake

• 03-30-2010 5:34 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Yes i know but a dock is in planning, although it's been delayed.

• 03-30-2010 7:23 PM In reply to

I like to have my music with me. Having a dock means I can listen to my music through my home stereo, and being able to control it with my Beo4 would be fantastic. If I go out, I pick up my ipod (the rest of the stereo stays, along with the cds) and plug it in to my car. I have all my music with me.

If I go out for a run or a walk, or out by train or tram I can take all of my music with me. When I go to work my ipod sits in a Bose Sounddock so my customers can listen to my music as well!

Having my music totally portable makes life so much easier. I don't have to work out what music to take with me, don't have to change cds and can change my listening a lot easier.

I'd buy 2 B&O ipod docks if they were available, one for home and one for work.

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-30-2010 8:23 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

Yes, we all have our music stored on computers and beosounds but for those of us with only a computer (me) it starts to make sense - when the computer is not able to be connected to the audio system of choice (like you said /\ ). I have an apple dock sitting on my beosystem right now. Using a plain 3.5mm jack running behind your stereo or rack of equipment is sort of sloppy to me, especially when you're iPod is just lazily sitting somewhere on top. An added bonus of a dock is the ability to control the iPod with a remote. How clever! A great alternative to having a hideous cable running across you're floor to the sofa.

I think people on here have forgotten that there are docks that do more than just provide a place to charge you're iPod (also one of the huge benefits) and an audio line out. There are docks with speakers these days. I'm fairly cetain my dealer told me that the B&O dock would actually be its own music system with its own speakers. This avenue also generates another possibility - link room capabilities. Imagine a BeoLab 2000 with a dock between its speakers, in my mind it seems a perfect fit. Maybe even the next Beosound 1/3...Hmm

Let's see it Denmark!

Evan

• 03-30-2010 10:48 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

jldmelb:

I like to have my music with me. Having a dock means I can listen to my music through my home stereo, and being able to control it with my Beo4 would be fantastic. If I go out, I pick up my ipod (the rest of the stereo stays, along with the cds) and plug it in to my car. I have all my music with me.

If I go out for a run or a walk, or out by train or tram I can take all of my music with me. When I go to work my ipod sits in a Bose Sounddock so my customers can listen to my music as well!

Having my music totally portable makes life so much easier. I don't have to work out what music to take with me, don't have to change cds and can change my listening a lot easier.

I'd buy 2 B&O ipod docks if they were available, one for home and one for work.

I feel exactly the same way. ALL my music is on my ipod, it's so much easier. When i can afford it i'll be getting a lintronic with my apple IR dock.

• 03-31-2010 12:35 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

That's how i use my iPod & iPhone; i place it in the dock when i'm at work, in my car and and when i get home from work.

Control it with Beo4 (+ Lintronic) at home and at work.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >