in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-29-2010 1:34 PM by burantek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2010 4:08 PM

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

BeoTalk 1200 help.

My problem now is that when someone phones, after 15 seconds my recorded message plays "hello...... please leave your message after the tone" however the tone lasts about 5 seconds then silence for about 5 seconds then a 2nd tone for 5 seconds at which point the caller can then record their message. I've performed a factory default and no change.

Why is the tone so long and why two of them?

God this thing is so frustrating.

Super Angry

• 03-29-2010 3:53 AM In reply to

Re: BeoTalk 1200 help.

®:

My problem now is that when someone phones, after 15 seconds my recorded message plays "hello...... please leave your message after the tone" however the tone lasts about 5 seconds then silence for about 5 seconds then a 2nd tone for 5 seconds at which point the caller can then record their message. I've performed a factory default and no change.

Why is the tone so long and why two of them?

God this thing is so frustrating.

Super Angry

Have not personally had this sort of problem with my Beotalk. Have you tried recording a personal message to see whether the double tone is still present after doing that?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-29-2010 10:13 AM In reply to

Would you believe (I mentioned a kaput BeoTalk in another thread) that I have the EXACT same problem!?!?!

I could not have described it better than you did.

Clearly a common fault and I too would like to hear any thoughts.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-29-2010 12:40 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

burantek:

Clearly a common fault and I too would like to hear any thoughts.

Looks like its doomed. I've recorded an outgoing message and managed to leave an incoming message too. However anyone else phoning would fail to wait for the second long beep after the pause and as a result would fail.

• 03-29-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

®:
    However anyone else phoning would fail to wait for the second long beep after the pause and as a result would fail.

Exactly...

Before removing it from service, my message was: "Please leave a message after the SECOND long beep".

Usually resulted in half messages... Laughing

I would like to get it back up as I prefer it to my 1100's...

• B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)