in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-30-2010 6:44 AM by matbkk. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2010 6:49 AM

BV7 FORMAT 0 "help"

Dear All,

I have a BV7 on which I recently attached to a Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector. When I press "Format 0" the electronic curtain works then TV shows "wait" then nothing Angry   finally picture comes back on BV7.

No signal on projector ! 

I tryed on different sources DTV, VMEM... and it's the same problem. 

Any idea ? 

Matthieu

• 03-25-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 FORMAT 0 "help"

Just pm your model of BV7 and I'll see if I can help.

• 03-25-2010 6:59 PM In reply to

Have you set cinema timing in costumer service menu??

• 03-25-2010 9:38 PM In reply to

Hi Anderson,

I know how to access to the Service Menu but I don't know where are the "Cinema Timing" menu.

Which setting should I enter ?

Thanks,

Mat

• 03-26-2010 6:07 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Anders is talking about customer service menu. Press MENU - down to OPTIONS - press RED - GO. Now you should have the customer service menu. Now press ADJUSTMENTS - here you should find cinema timings. 

Please tell us what BV7 you own. Sounds like your BV doesn`t detect the projector. As far as I know the Pana is a full HD projector. If you have a BV7-40 MKII it`s max. resolution is 1366 x 768.

Stefan

• 03-26-2010 9:22 AM In reply to

Thanks for helping me.

My BV7 is type 9312 with latest software and HR READY KIT installed.

The projector is FULL HD (Panasonic PT-AE4000) but i tryed to "FORMAT 0" the DVD and my STB (SD source) and the symptoms are the same. 

Mat

• 03-26-2010 10:14 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

matbkk:

The projector is FULL HD (Panasonic PT-AE4000) but i tryed to "FORMAT 0" the DVD and my STB (SD source) and the symptoms are the same. 

Mat

I don`t think it depends on the video source. The BV7 sends a 1366x768 or 1280x720 picture and maybe your Panasonic "expects" a 1920x1080 picture. So they won`t "understand" each other.

Sorry I don`t know what a "9312" is Is it a BV7-40 MKIII (withh 4 HDMI inputs) or a BV7-40 MKII with single DVI input?

Stefan

• 03-26-2010 9:54 PM In reply to

My BV7 is MKII with single DVI input.

I made cross checking:

1.connect a standard lcd PC screen to BV7 => same symptoms as the projector no picture

2.connect a PC to the projector with low def via VGA => the projector accept the input with no problem.

According to these test the problem come from BV7, no ?

Mat

• 03-27-2010 2:21 AM In reply to

Hi,

I had the same problem with Panasonic PT-AX200 a couple of years ago. The projector didn´t work with my BV 7-40 MK1.

I changed the projector to Sanyo PLV Z5 and everyhing worked as it should. So I guess that BV 7-40 MK1 and MK2 won't work with Panasonic projectors.

Mr Andersson might know more about this subject because he gave me valuable advice in the old forum!

Regards

Acanthus

• 03-27-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

Hi,

This is not a good news as I do not plan to change my projector soon (4 weeks only).

But it is strange as I tried to connect the VGA of BV7 to a standard LCD computer screen and it should work but it doesn't.

Mat

• 03-29-2010 12:42 AM In reply to

stefan:

Please tell us what BV7 you own. Sounds like your BV doesn`t detect the projector. As far as I know the Pana is a full HD projector. If you have a BV7-40 MKII it`s max. resolution is 1366 x 768.

Stefan

From the information that I have the max resolution of my BV7 is 1650x750p 

• 03-29-2010 4:07 AM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Hi Matbkk

Here is some info you might find useful I have a customer with the exact problem, I now have this info 

Hope this helps!!!

No picture on Projector output.

Symptom 
    There is no picture on the projector output.
    Cause
    Some registers have been stored incorrectly in production.
    Solution
    Update by means of the new Service Tool version 1.80

A specific line called "Correction of Projector settings"  has been added to the Service Tool under these two products. Connect the Service Tool to the TV according to the instructions in the Service Tool and activate this menu. Now the correct data will be transferred to the EEPROM registers.
    First serial number and date of introduction
    The wrong settings have been corrected in running production as from below serial numbers and dates.
    Products with serial numbers lower than indicated below will have the faulty settings.

Product
    Serial number
    Date of introduction
    BV7-32 MKIII
    15-05-2006
    BV7-40 MKII
    16-05-2006

Dont know if this helps as well

Specifications and tips for projector and projector control

Support
    Bang & Olufsen does not provide support for projector and home cinema set-ups for other than BeoLiving dealers who have attended training. Therefore Bang & Olufsen only provides information on the output signals from the BeoVision 7.

However, if you have a customer who is interested in purchasing a BeoLiving or similar solution, it is recommended that you either team up with an authorised BeoLiving dealer or apply for becoming BeoLiving dealer.

Software requirements
    BeoVision 7-32 and BeoVision 7-40 support projector control as from software version 6.3 and higher.

Supported projectors
    The following projectors are officially supported by Bang & Olufsen: Samsung SP H700 and SIM2 HT300 PLUS (Can be found in connections menu on the BeoVision 7 family).

We have verified the performance and picture quality of these two projectors. Additionally you can connect an IR blaster directly to one of the control outputs and the built in code-converter will adapt the commands from the Beo4 to the correct projector commands.

If you connect another type of projector, Bang & Olufsen cannot guarantee the functionality and quality, but here are the specifications for the projector output.

Projector out specification
    For the connection of a projector in a Home Cinema setup. Formats supported:

- 16:9 scanning formats - 50 Hz & 60 Hz:
    - Resolution: 1280 x 720p (720p) (1650 x 750p)
    - Pixel clock: 74.25 MHz
    - Line frequency: 37.500 Hz (50 Hz)
    - Line frequency: 45.000 Hz (60 Hz)
    - H-sync polarity: Negative
    - H-sync length: 128 pixels
    - V-sync polarity: Positive
    - V-sync. length: 5 lines
    - Geometry: One default adjustment. The picture is projected on the screen as it is shown on LCD or plasma panels.
    - Standards: SMPTE 296M-1997 (converted to 50 Hz) and VESA CVT.

The projector must be connected to the ‘Projector’ socket.

Cinema Centre Speaker
    The centre speaker - BeoLab 7-4 - placed under the projector screen must be connected to the Cinema Centre socket on socket panel 2.

If BeoVision 7-40 is covered by the projector screen - except from the speaker - the TV speaker is used as centre speaker. An external IR-receiver is necessary to be able to control BeoVision 7-40.

External IR-receiver
    The external IR-receiver must be connected to the IR In socket on socket panel two. In order to control the switching On/Off of the projector the IR transmitter for the projector must be connected to one of the ‘IR Control Out’ sockets (C1 - C4).

Home Cinema Control module
    If you want to control external equipment such as electrical curtains, lighting or a motorised projector screen it is possible to buy and build in a Home Cinema Control module. It consists of two control outputs (in one stereo mini jack connector) which you can use for controlling external equipment.

The outputs - Ctrl. 1 and Ctrl. 2 - are open collectors. An open collector is basically a switch with two positions - ‘open’ (high) and ‘closed’ (low). The outputs are therefore not able to supply power to 3rd party equipment which means that an external voltage must be supplied. The maximum external supply voltage must not exceed 15 V and the current must not exceed 100 mA.

The Home Cinema Control module can be set up to different timings (Cinema Timers) which can be found in Customer service menu Access to Customer Service Menu:

Press the "MENU" button on Beo4 to get into the "TV Set-up Menu"
    Place the cursor on "Option". Press the Red button and within 3 seconds press "Go"

The available timers are:

Cinema on:
    - Cinema Control 1:
    The setting decides the delay time of equipment connected. When ‘Home Cinema’ is activated the output is set to ‘closed’ (low) after the delay time and the connected equipment will be activated - a motorized projector screen will pull down or a light control system will switch the light off.

- Cinema Control 2:
    Performs exactly as Cinema Control 1.

- Cinema Ready:
    The setting decides the delay time from the activation of ‘Home Cinema’ until the projector is warmed up and the picture is switched on.

- Stand Done:
    The setting decides the delay from ‘Home Cinema’ is activated until the stand is in standby position.

Cinema Off:
    - Cinema Control 1:
    The setting decides the delay time of equipment connected. When ‘Home Cinema’ is activated the output is set to ‘open’ (high) after the delay time and the connected equipment will be activated - a motorized projector screen will pull up or a light control system will switch the light on.

- Cinema Control 2:
    Performs exactly as Cinema Control 1.

- Ready For Cinema:
    The setting (in this case 100 sec.) decides the delay from ‘Home Cinema’ is deactivated until the projector has cooled down and can be switched on again.

- Turn Stand Delay:
    The setting (17 sec.) decides the delay from ‘Home Cinema’ is deactivated until the stand is turned into TV viewing position and the TV switched on.
    Hope that helps let me know if it works, I still need to go to customer and see if it works
    Kai

• 03-30-2010 6:44 AM In reply to

Hi Kai,

That's more than helping, thank you so much ! I will try this correction then post again to confirm if the problem is solved.

Cheers,

Mat 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)