in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2010 3:42 PM by Craig. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2010 5:03 PM

• Heras
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2008
    • Posts 11
    • Silver Member

iPod dock in a BeoCenter 9500

Hi,

I love my BeoCenter 9500 as much as I hate my iPod deck, standing next to it, and as I do not have any cassettes at all, I've been thinking about building the iPod dock into the cassette bay. Nothing too fancy, just put it in, secure it, cover it with nice black piece of plastic, and routing the audio and power cables nicely out the back and into the AUX input. It had almost been a piece of cake, but when put right on top off the cassettebay, the iPod dock is just 2mm too high. I'll have to remove the cassette mechanism, I think.

Is there anyone who has done something like this before? Is there some kind of manual or website on how to safely disassemble a 9500 (I'm really concerned about the mirrors...)? Can I just remove the cassette mechanism without circuits overloading?

Or should I maybe just do it, carefully, and post pictures of it here, afterwards? ;)

Regards!

Heras

• 04-01-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

• Maurice
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 56
    • Silver Member

Re: iPod dock in a BeoCenter 9500

Hi Heras

just to add a bit of spice into the equation why mot remove the cassette mech entirely and insert a multiple card reader and a ipod dock so you can do the SD card thing as well as the ipod i'm sure theres enough physical room in the cassette bay -:) Maurice

• 04-06-2010 3:27 AM In reply to

Unless it's a product of my fevered brain, I am *sure* I have seen exactly this modification written up with photos here on Beoworld - someone with a Beosystem 4500 removed the mechanism from the Beocord and put an iPod (touch?) in its place.  

Can someone put me out of my misery?

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 05-31-2010 12:51 PM In reply to

• Heras
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2008
    • Posts 11
    • Silver Member

Well, it took a while, but I finally found the time.

Introducing... iBeoCenter 9500

• 05-31-2010 1:06 PM In reply to

Heras,

Very well done... I think you did a nice job keeping it simple, clean, and well... very B&o like! Yes -  thumbs up

I am curious... at the end, when you pull the iPod out... How did you initiate the closing of the door w/o touching anything? It appeared to go to STANDBY -remote?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-31-2010 1:15 PM In reply to

• Heras
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2008
    • Posts 11
    • Silver Member

Thank you! That was exactly what I wanted to achieve, keeping it clean.

I tricked closing the bay, using the remote... That's where I still could do some work: making that happen, and preventing the bay from closing on turning the unit off, when there's still an iPod inside!

There's something else I'd like to share: just like the display on my 5000's, the glue that holds the glass panels in place, has complete worn out... When I flipped the unit open, the bottom panel fell out... It's still intact, I have been very lucky! Remove the panels before you open a 9500 or the like!

• 06-02-2010 8:48 AM In reply to

• Mohawk
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-30-2008
    • Sweden
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Congratulations!!!

Very nice modification you have done here. It looks really factory made Yes -  thumbs up

/Fredrik

• 06-03-2010 3:42 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

That is a very well done conversion.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)