in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2010 2:40 PM by xegoon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2010 7:53 PM

Inside my head there is a crazy, great world

And in this world, Apple buys B&O.  Then they do this to the TVs:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/03/23/apple_positioned_to_introduce_connected_hdtv_within_2_4_years.html

And then everything has the look and the physical quality of B&O and the general usefulness and software quality of Apple.  A BV that does everything connected to a Mini that does everything else connected to a BS that plays lossless music using a BS5, iPhone, and/or iPad as the control, connected throughout your house so that everything can interact with everything else.

Basically an attractive and high quality version of what Samsung and Philips have already failed at.  Of course, there's no reason for Apple to buy B&O to do it.  They can easily do it on their own and it'll cost less, work better, and it won't cheese off the "it must be made in Denmark!!!11!1oneone" fanboys.  But I like one stop shopping.

Yeehah.

• 03-23-2010 10:50 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: Inside my head there is a crazy, great world

This is VERY much a B&O sort of concept. Too bad B&O is either too stubborn, too poor, or simply asleep... wait... i know what it is, they are too expensive! They have to realise then Apple is getting closer to achieving what B&O do, with Television, at a tenth of the price.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-23-2010 11:51 PM In reply to

What is confusing is that B&O were heading that way, and seem to have changed their mind. Think Avant, Beocenter 1, AV9000, Beocenter 6. They just seem to have lost their way when it comes to TVs, seeing quick profits... "ker-ching"

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-24-2010 4:05 AM In reply to

This definitely is the future! If Apple replace Apple TV with real "Apple TV" i think we will all be soon watching it.

• 03-24-2010 5:01 AM In reply to

soulboy:

This definitely is the future! If Apple replace Apple TV with real "Apple TV" i think we will all be soon watching it.

Absolutely! This might be the TV that pulls me into HD. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-24-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

This is VERY much a B&O sort of concept. Too bad B&O is either too stubborn, too poor, or simply asleep... wait... i know what it is, they are too expensive! They have to realise then Apple is getting closer to achieving what B&O do, with Television, at a tenth of the price

Will apple have the sheer style and build of say a BV4 plus what kind of loudspeaker will the Apple tv require,Apple will expect you to use a surround sound system.

Apple products are nice but some B&O products like the BV4 and BS9000 are just so much nicer.

• 03-24-2010 2:40 PM In reply to

dilznik:
    And in this world, Apple buys B&O.  (...)

And in that world the BeoVisions will be made in China and designed in California. No thanks, I prefer this world, where anyone makes the things that really know to make...

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)