in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-30-2010 10:25 AM by vikinger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2010 2:41 PM

HDR1 with control of two STBs?

The HDR1 recorder has an in-built PUC or chip for external STB control, but there appear to be some limitations on how it can be set up with certain Avant and BV5 models. (i.e. you have to choose whether to use the TV STB-C or the HDR1 STB-C.)

Does anyone know whether you can configure the HDR1 using a splitter and 2 IR blasters in exactly the same way that you can use a splitter on the Avant or BV5? I'd like to simply run a freeview box and skybox directly into the HDR1 if that is possible.

Graham

EDIT Maybe a limitation is the number of scart inputs on the HDR1 that could rule this out?

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-23-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

Re: HDR1 with control of two STBs?

Just to extend my query (and this, I guess, would apply to any attempt to configure two STBs on the same scart):

If a B&O scart expander was attached to the HDR1 with two STBs with splitter and IR blaster control, presumably there would have to be a delay built in so that when one box was switched on the other box had already switched off. When using the normal splitter on the back of the TV to two separate STBs (on different scart connections to the TV) it is noticeable that a box can stay switched on for some seconds after the Beo4 has selected the other box. (In fact, on my BC1, the STB doesn't turn off for about 30 minutes if switching from the STB to the built-in FM radio tuner).

Graham

• 03-23-2010 5:16 PM In reply to

Hi, the STB controller on the HDR is used by using the YELLOW button after the V-MEM/V-TAPE button on the remote with STB commands, so you can have the 2 possible STBs with a splitter on the Avant/BV3 & 1 with the HDR STB controller with yellow so you can control 3 STBs 

NO Splitter possibilty with HDR STB controller

regards Douglas C

• 03-30-2010 10:25 AM In reply to

Douglas :

Hi, the STB controller on the HDR is used by using the YELLOW button after the V-MEM/V-TAPE button on the remote with STB commands, so you can have the 2 possible STBs with a splitter on the Avant/BV3 & 1 with the HDR STB controller with yellow so you can control 3 STBs 

NO Splitter possibilty with HDR STB controller

regards Douglas C

Thanks Douglas. This has turned out to be a good way of updating my system! Purchased a used HDR1 on eBay (from King Street) that had a more up-to-date chip for STB control. So now have my recently purchased BV5 with Sky via IR blaster on the original (out-of-date) STB chip, and freeview box (Panasonic, not on BV5 chip but on HDR chip) with blaster on the HDR chip.

Once you get into the routine of using V-Tape then yellow it works very well. Anyone just wanting a later chip could probably buy and fit one themselves for less than £50, but if wanting a dealer to call out this might add £100+. At least this way I've got an HDR for less than chip + call-out cost and still an option for another STB on the original splitter.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)