in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-23-2010 11:40 AM by ducha. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-22-2010 4:35 PM

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Parting out Pentas?

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me out with my dilemma. I recently purchased a pair of Penta IIs in need of attention. One speaker has two damaged bass drivers. After doing a little research, it looks as though a new pair of drivers from B&O will cost me about $225 US. I wasn't planning on keeping them as they came with other B&O pieces that I was more interested in. I don't know if I want to put this kind of money into them because there are some dents in the stainless steel cabinets, and the grill cloths have several small holes in them. I'm not looking to make a lot of money on these, but I'm not sure if there would be enough interest in the individual parts if I decided to part them out. Should I have them repaired and sell them, or should I part them out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

• 03-22-2010 4:50 PM In reply to

Re: Parting out Pentas?

I don't know the US second hand market, but I still suspect you'd be left with more cash (and after much less effort) if you bought the spares, fixed the speakers, and sold them complete and working.

But you never know eBay - the complete amps and displays might go for some ridiculous price... anyway if you part them out, you will need to do more transactions and will still be left with a lot of parts that probably won't sell.

-mika

• 03-23-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

• ducha
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-04-2008
    • Wisconsin, US
    • Posts 77
    • Bronze Member

Re: Parting out Pentas?

Thanks for your reply, Mika. Just this morning I found some reasonably priced Penta woofers on U.S. ebay that I have purchased. So, I will fix the Pentas up and sell them as-is. I really did hate the thought of having to part out such fine speakers!

Aaron

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)