in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2010 4:52 PM by csmager. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2010 6:38 PM

• tonyros
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • London
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 7 and Sky HD

I have a Beovision 7 (32) and sky HD. For some time I have been unable to use the red button feature onSky which gives access to alternative screens. I finally replaced the Sky box with the latest but the problem remains. Now Sky tell me that the trouble is caused by connecting to the TV with both HDMI and SCART. My dealer tells me that to get an HD picture I have to have both connections as the B & O HDMI socket does not carry the sound signal nor various other signals on pin 7 of the SCART socket which are used for signalling. Has anyone else had this problem and if so do they have a work-round?

• 03-20-2010 3:27 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7 and Sky HD

In the Sky settings, have you turned the SCART control off?

• 03-20-2010 4:10 AM In reply to

• tonyros
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • London
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thank you Peter I have tried turning it off but it makes no difference.

• 03-20-2010 5:09 AM In reply to

Does it work using the Sky HD remote, rather than the Beo4/5?

How you've connected it should make no difference to this.

• 03-20-2010 5:50 AM In reply to

• tonyros
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • London
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

I can use either

• 03-20-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

Sorry, what I meant was does the red button work on the actual Sky remote?  Does it work on the Beo4 at all?

Even if not for 'red button' style interactive features, if you go to TV guide, does the red button work for 'Anytime'?

• 03-20-2010 6:20 AM In reply to

• tonyros
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • London
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

There is no issue with the red button. On both types of remote it works for other functions and it seems to be going to work with the multi-screen. The display changes to 'Please wait' for a few seconds then returns to what it was.

• 03-20-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

Ah, ok, I understand you now!

Definitely sounds like a Sky problem, but the fact it's happened on two boxes is a bit odd!

Best thing to do is have a bit of a play.  Things to try, if possible, are:

1. disable the PUC (in connections, just say it's some unknown box rather than Sky) and try it with the Sky remote only - should stop any possible B&O interference.

2. try only the scart or only the hdmi cable connected

3. try it on a different tv

• 03-20-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

• tonyros
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • London
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your comments. I have tried it with SCART only. It works fine but it's not an HD picture and it really shows. I haven't tried it with HDMI only because in the Beovision HDMI doesnt carry the sound or a number of other signals (Such as picture format) which are needed.

• 04-28-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

Bizarrely, after replying to this thread a while back, I've just come across this issue myself tonight!

There is a bug in the Sky box - confirmed by various googlings.  I'm currently in my bedroom watching TV, and the red button won't work.  This is because there is a cable connected via HDMI, but the tv that uses HDMI is not on. 

If I were to yank out the HDMI cable, it would work.  If I were to turn on the Beovision 7-40, it would work.

Rather pathetic from Sky.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)