in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-26-2010 12:58 PM by burantek. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-25-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• rgs218
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Oxfordshire, UK
    • Posts 115
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolink 7000 Compatibility

j0hnbarker:

Rob - you're getting too much student loan if you're able to flash about with Beolink 7000s ;)

Laughing Or I spent two years working full-time and saving everything I could after I left school, then go back to the same job every holiday I have from uni to keep money coming in! Hard work but worth it to keep my car on the road and have a house full of old B&O Yes -  thumbs up People tend to assume I have very rich, very generous parents, but I don't take a penny from them - they have my sister's medicine degree to fund!! 

Dave, do you mean the coffee table which the BL7000's on in the photo?

• 03-25-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The things we do for our beloved B&O :) I get the same sort of comments sometimes....

Yes the coffee table >>>

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-25-2010 10:06 AM In reply to

Fair play Rob. Doing medicine as a second degree myself. Had to work four years to save up the fees alone and sell my lovely old MGB to boot :(

Refused to part with any B&O though!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 03-25-2010 10:15 AM In reply to

• rgs218
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Oxfordshire, UK
    • Posts 115
    • Gold Member

It's a replica Isamu Noguchi coffee table. It's a bit stereotypical 1980s yuppie to be honest (fits with all the 80s B&O I have!) but I like it!

You can buy official versions which cost £2k+, but I bought mine brand new for about £170 plus shipping from an Ebay seller Laughing !! It's probably made in China but it seems to be good quality, solid wood base with a very heavy (I know because I dropped it on my toe once!)2cm thick glass top. I doubt you could tell much difference between a replica like mine and an original, certainly not £1800 worth of difference anyway! 

There are loads for sale on UK Ebay from different sellers, and I'm sure the same will be the case in Aus. Just search Australian Ebay for 'Noguchi coffee table' and I'm sure you'll find one.

• 03-25-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

• rgs218
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Oxfordshire, UK
    • Posts 115
    • Gold Member

j0hnbarker:

Fair play Rob. Doing medicine as a second degree myself. Had to work four years to save up the fees alone and sell my lovely old MGB to boot :(

You're doing a second degree and sold a classic car to do it Surprise (MGs aren't my thing but as a car fanatic myself I can imagine that wasn't easy!) That's commitment! I suppose the doctor's salary at the end of it will make up for that though...

• 03-25-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

rgs218:

j0hnbarker:

You're doing a second degree and sold a classic car to do it Surprise (MGs aren't my thing but as a car fanatic myself I can imagine that wasn't easy!) That's commitment! I suppose the doctor's salary at the end of it will make up for that though...

Hope so Rob. Perhaps any UK doctors lurking here can confirm this ;)

Long list of treats to self when I qualify, including another old motor. Probably will have another MG at some point but looking for a bigger banger next time around - Jensen Interceptor is heading the long-list at the mo'. I'm sure you'll have similar things in mind for when you finish - you got a job lined up??

• 03-25-2010 12:22 PM In reply to

• rgs218
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Oxfordshire, UK
    • Posts 115
    • Gold Member

j0hnbarker:

Long list of treats to self when I qualify, including another old motor. Probably will have another MG at some point but looking for a bigger banger next time around - Jensen Interceptor is heading the long-list at the mo'. I'm sure you'll have similar things in mind for when you finish - you got a job lined up??

Jensen Interceptor! Now there's a car I could get excited about - one of the collest cars of the 60s IMO. Would cost a fair bit to run though I imagine, I've heard the MPG's in single figures! Top of my list would be an 80s E30 BMW M3 Smile

I've got the same job I've been doing in my gap years/holidays at a certain recently bailed-out bank to go back to in the short-term, but once I graduate I'm going to start looking for something a bit more permanent/better paid to fund my car and B&O addiction!

• 03-25-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

M3 = nice car :) I've got a soft spot for the 80s E24 M6.

Took an Interceptor for a test drive a few years back, but ended up with a TR6 instead. My girlfriend hated the Interceptor and said I looked like I was driving a Welsh dresser! Need to work on her over the next few years I think.

Sounds like you'll be ok when you finish. Having a B&O addiction is probably a healthy stimulus to earn more money!

• 03-25-2010 1:51 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

j0hnbarker:

Having a B&O addiction is probably a healthy stimulus to earn more money!

Spot on!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-26-2010 12:26 PM In reply to

rgs218:
    Would cost a fair bit to run though I imagine, I've heard the MPG's in single figures! Top of my list would be an 80s E30 BMW M3

Yes... I think j0hn may need to add a small middle eastern country to his list... just to keep the big JI/Chrysler fueled!

The E30 M3 was a wonderful car... I had an '88 Alpine White/Black back in the day. Fond memories!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-26-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

burantek:

rgs218:
    Would cost a fair bit to run though I imagine, I've heard the MPG's in single figures! Top of my list would be an 80s E30 BMW M3

Yes... I think j0hn may need to add a small middle eastern country to his list... just to keep the big JI/Chrysler fueled!

The E30 M3 was a wonderful car... I had an '88 Alpine White/Black back in the day. Fond memories!

I'm not greedy Jeff - would only want the 383 instead of the 440 ;)

• 03-26-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

j0hnbarker:
    I'm not greedy Jeff - would only want the 383 instead of the 440 ;)

Well scratch the country then... a tanker should suffice! Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2