in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-18-2010 2:34 PM by gez. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2010 4:47 PM

• gez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

dead avant ?

I have had an avant 28vcr problem free since new and yesterday getting ready to move house somebody disconnected the scart from a freeview box while the tv was on. It switched off and will not start again, no light and no click from the on/off switch, nothing via the remote. Sorry to just join and ask for help straight away but Ive been so pleased with this over the years and now dont know what to do. I live in the bournemouth area. Im fairly handy with a hammer but not really aufait with the workings of a tv. Please help with my favourite television ever.

• 03-17-2010 5:03 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: dead avant ?

Don't worry Gez that's what we are here for!  WelcomeSmile

Sorry to state the obvious, but have you checked the fuse hasn't blown?

Also, some Avants have an On/Off switch just below and under the screen, right hand side. If you don't feel it, have a look under with a torch.

Hope this helps.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-17-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

• gez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi Andy.. fuse on lead is ok and did check on/off switch which is at the back just above incoming power lead, not sure if this switched off when problem occured, wondered if there was an onboard fuse/safety cutout. The rear on/off switch is positive but top switch seems "not right"

regards

gez

• 03-17-2010 6:04 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just had a feel of the top switch, it doesn't click as such, and therefore has no feedback.
    Sorry, I'm not a techie, hope someone comes along shortly to help.
    In the meantime, often leaving a electronic device unplugged for a while (couple of minutes)  forces a re-set.
    Good luck. 

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-18-2010 2:09 PM In reply to

Just to start at the 'beginning': are you sure the powerlead is properly in the socket at the back of the Avant ?

It looks like the powerlead is a fixed one but it isn't: it's a 8-figure 'standard' powerlead !

Since the problem started after pulling leads maybe accidentally this came out a bit ??

The old (er) Avants have the mains switch at the back, the later version below the screen (right side).

• 03-18-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

• gez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2010
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Checked the powerlead and its ok and plugged in properly, on/of is top right and rear right.. left it off a while but still no joy. thanks anyway.

gez

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)