in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2010 1:23 PM by Dillen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2010 10:02 AM

• ICE
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-19-2009
    • Montreal, Canada
    • Posts 11
    • Gold Member

BEOGRAM 3404 pause/stop functions

Hi all.

A couple of months I acquired a BG3404 via EBAY and a great find as it arrived intact and seller's promise of mint condition was legit.

In the last 2-3 weeks, a malfunction is appearing  with the STOP and PAUSE functions > when STOP is pressed, the turntable does not stop (rotating) with tonearm return and likewise when PAUSE is pressed : i.e. tonearm does not lift at desired point(groove) in LP and turntable keeps playing. Inevitably I let the LP side play in it's entirety and the auto return-stop engages (always flawlessly!).

After having read and consulted related BEOGRAM+BG3404 discussions, the only clue seems to point to contact oxidization and trying to free up/reengage the switches by pressing repeatedly + 40 touches. After having tried this at least 10x , the respective STOP and PAUSE functions only engaged 2X. It really is a hit and miss. 

I have the SM manual for this BG series deck but I'me not sure of where to look > mechanical and/or electronic ?

I trust there is someone in BEOWORLD who is familiar with this problem and can lead me in the right direction with a plausible explanation - solution.

Regards from Montreal, Canada/ Ihor

Filed under:
  • 03-17-2010 1:23 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: BEOGRAM 3404 pause/stop functions

There is a system of steel rods, operating the different functions.
    One can easily shift a little in transport or even completely fall out.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)