in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-22-2010 3:38 AM by elephant. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2010 1:04 AM

Beolink Wireless I - Is it Worth

Seems to be a very nice option to transmit and receive the audio signals without having to do a lot of work on wiring the system in a link room. I would like to get some first hand experience on usefulness and cost associated.

Planning to add a pair of Beolab 4000 in guest bedroom with either wiring the Master link or wireless option such as Beolink Wireless 1. I guess the wireless option needs the IR eye..thus adding to cost.

Will I need a IR eye if i connect Beolab 4000 using ML cable to a Beosound 4000.

Thanks

Beovox RL 60.2, RL 6000, S45-2, CX 50, Cona, Beolink Passive, MCL2P, BM4500, Beosound 1, Beocenter 2500, Beolab 2500, Besound 4000, Beolab 4000, Beocom 6000, A8, Beosystem 1

• 03-17-2010 3:07 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink Wireless I - Is it Worth

I don't have a wireless link system, but from what I have heard from my dealer and people here on beoworld, there's a lot of trouble with interference from WLAN's and other electrical equipment.

It's a nice idea in theory, but before I would buy anything, I would ask my dealer if he could lend me a beolink wireless so I could test it.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-17-2010 4:41 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Yeah my concern would be that when you use the microwave it doesn't work properly.... similar to our other wireless household networks.

• 03-17-2010 7:10 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Hi sodoi18

I'll give you some positive feedback on the wireless system because I use it very often and it works very well indeed.  I have three units, one transmitting and two receiving.  One receiver is used for the audio channels for the link TV and there have never been any delays or dropouts.  The second receiver gets the NMusic and NRadio from beoport to my older beomasters and that works very well indeed.

I have not had the opportunity to use a large, wired masterlink system so I can't tell you whether it is going to be better or worse or by how much.  My home simply doesn't lend itself to installing a wired system, it's very open plan and has thick pre-cast concrete walls.  If I didn't have the beolink wireless, I wouldn't have a system at all.

Our house uses a fair amount of wireless equipment, the computer network and the Beocom6000 network.  There is also a microwave but it doesn't get a lot of lengthy use, just short term zaps!!  So far, the effects of interference seem to have been minimal but that is just my experience.

I agree with the comment about borrowing a unit for testing, that is the only real way to get to the bottom of this issue.  For me, I am looking for another two wireless units so that I can expand my setup and I'm certain that the results are going to be good.

Regards

Geoff

• 03-17-2010 6:52 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I'm with Geoff.  I use mine every day, and they work great.  Then again, according to my dealer, I am an exception.  I have wifi, cordless phones and a microwave (not used very much).  It took some time to find a placement that didn't drop at times.  My biggest challenge was people - people standing/walking in the path between the transmitter and receiver often caused it to drop (when the path was long - shorter paths seem less bothered).  To my ears, the sound quality is identical to wired ML (I have both).  Either borrow a pair or make sure you can return them without a hassle as wireless performance is unpredicatable.

Stan

• 03-17-2010 10:29 PM In reply to

I think you can have a great setup with the BeoLink wireless, but there are a few things you need to avoid:

1. Using wireless internet

2. Using wireless phones

3. Using a microwave

4. Using a cellular phone 

5. Speaking loudly

6. Moving too quickly from room to room

7. Wearing shoes in the house

8. Using a vacuum

9. Using a television

10. Using zippers

11. Hardwood floors

12. Tall furniture

13. Extreme temperatures

14. Music with very high or low tones

15. Indoor plants

16. Caffeinated beverages

17. Carpeted floors

18. Halogen lights

19. Using a rescue inhaler

20. Mirrors

21. Winking or blinking

22. Tiled floors

23. Outdoor plants

24. Short funiture

25. Wired phones

26. Non-stick surfaces

By paying close attention to these things you will keep dropouts to a minimum and more thoroughly enjoy your new BeoLink Wireless system!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-17-2010 11:22 PM In reply to

What about sneezing??

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-18-2010 4:54 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

So life in a tent (with skyhook support) or an igloo with solar power would stand a positive chance?

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-18-2010 3:33 PM In reply to

stotty1111:

So life in a tent (with skyhook support) or an igloo with solar power would stand a positive chance?

tony

I wish I could say it would be safe, but rustling of the tent canvas would likely cause air molecules to stir irrevocably and thereby lose their ability to carry the signal. As for the igloo you're dealing with low temps (see list) as well as instability of non-traditional electrical sources (best to use their internal kerosene engines for power).

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-18-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

point taken! should have considered before writing - the movement to keep warm in the igloo would apparently not be good either!

tongue definitely in cheek!

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 03-18-2010 4:18 PM In reply to

Guys!!

I am really enjoying this thread.. made my day after a long arduous work day

Beovox RL 60.2, RL 6000, S45-2, CX 50, Cona, Beolink Passive, MCL2P, BM4500, Beosound 1, Beocenter 2500, Beolab 2500, Besound 4000, Beolab 4000, Beocom 6000, A8, Beosystem 1

• 03-18-2010 11:57 PM In reply to

stotty1111:

point taken! should have considered before writing - the movement to keep warm in the igloo would apparently not be good either!

tongue definitely in cheek!

tony

OH! I didn't realize the igloo would be occupied! Oh my, definately not. No. 

• 03-19-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Same as Stan and Geoff. Working well with one sender and two receivers. Works over two floors. Since firmware update done in 2008, the system is stable. I would definitely repurchase.

• 03-20-2010 10:05 PM In reply to

• Corvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 124
    • Founder

1 sender, 3 receivers, regular dropouts.

I would not go wireless again. As Trip indicates they are too prone to environmental changes.

• 03-22-2010 3:38 AM In reply to

1 x transmitter

1~3 receivers

Many drop-outs, but based on recommendations in another forum I moved the site of the transmitter, and now I have a more stable environment ... but for example, it played all of today and then dropped out inexplicably (my wife says ...)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)