in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2010 7:14 AM by scottyltd. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2010 9:22 AM

3D & B&O TV'S

Was reading about the new Sony 3D Tv's coming very soon and to get 3d  you have to buy an add on transmitter and 3D Glasses,to get the 3D from the tv...

Some of the Latest Beovision tv's are 120hz + and you need at least 120hz to run 3D!...Do you think there will be an up date with software and an add on Transmmitter with Glasses for the newer Beovisions like the Bv 7-40Mk4 the 7-55 and the Bv 10-40 also the 46?

Be a shame if newer tv's  could not be up graded!Hmm

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 03-16-2010 10:26 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: 3D & B&O TV'S

Bv7Mk3:

Was reading about the new Sony 3D Tv's coming very soon and to get 3d  you have to buy an add on transmitter and 3D Glasses,to get the 3D from the tv...

Some of the Latest Beovision tv's are 120hz + and you need at least 120hz to run 3D!...Do you think there will be an up date with software and an add on Transmmitter with Glasses for the newer Beovisions like the Bv 7-40Mk4 the 7-55 and the Bv 10-40 also the 46?

Be a shame if newer tv's  could not be up graded!Hmm

I think that wearing 3D glasses to watch a TV is extremely TACKY! I think B&O would agree!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-16-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

First, almost every manufacturer in addition to Sony is producing 3D TVs, with Samsung already on the market for sale.

Second, you need HDMI 1.4 and B&O doesn't even have HDMI 1.3 so don't plan on an upgrade to 3D for your B&O TV.

• 03-16-2010 5:47 PM In reply to

It would just be nice to have 3D as an option. Because the BeoSystem 3 lacks HDMI 1.3, the video signal can't even pass through the BS3. Panasonic is the first to offer a BD player with dual HDMI outputs. With that, we could send video directly to the screen while preserving the superior sound via HDMI to the BS3. 

While HDMI 1.4 is needed for full advantage of the new 3D formats, we can still use HDMI 1.3 for 3D. The PS3 (which is only HDMI 1.3) will be capable of playing 3D with a forthcoming system firmware update. The problem with the PS3 will be that we will have to sacrifice some sound quality since it has only one HDMI output.

• 03-16-2010 6:02 PM In reply to

Rather than get into a debate about what technically has to be in place to enjoy this "benefit," my read on this is that it's a gimmick to force people into another major transition like HD only without the clear benefits.

I've tried not to be a curmudgeon about 3D and have given it a shot at the Sony Store in New York and at the IMAX theater and both were nausea inducing. Not only that, but the time it will take an already un-subtle industry to tastefully incorporate a technique like this may literally be never. Just like some people will never quite get on board with new technologies like e-mail and video games, this one may just leave more people behind than it brings on-board.

Honestly, as a dealer, I've always seen us more as a shelter from the snake oil and gimmickry rather than just another carnival barker. I've had no clients even ask about it nor any of the tire kickers. Everyone still wants an iPod dock and wireless everything, though!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-16-2010 6:58 PM In reply to

Honestly I don't know why they're trying to sell 3D TV as a new product. I have seen Avatar in Imax and I have to say without the glasses on, the picture is just an overlapped mess (as if you're really drunk) and the glasses must be polarised of some sort to put the 3D into it. If any cinema can display the 3D picture on their screens, why is it not possible to display the same picture on a TV instead of having to buy a brand new TV? Is it another money grabbing exercise?

• 03-16-2010 7:33 PM In reply to

Beojeff,

Here is a link on the HDMI issue if one cares:

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/12/no-new-blu-ray.php

Agree with Trip, however, that 3D is junk.  Who wants 10 pairs of battery-powered glasses kicking around...

• 03-16-2010 8:53 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Well, I'm half-way there.

There seems to be one less set of the large goofy yellow glasses available from the IMAX theatre showing AVATAR.

We really do like all the effort that James Cameron put into AVATAR, and his other past films. Very detailed and and an truly enjoyable experience. I went out and purchased his Titanic, and Bismark films afterwards. But wearing a pair of glasses, even the expensive ones available, to watch anything but one film, or game,  I am not sure is a good idea.

• 03-16-2010 8:53 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

Honestly, as a dealer, I've always seen us more as a shelter from the snake oil and gimmickry rather than just another carnival barker. I've had no clients even ask about it nor any of the tire kickers. Everyone still wants an iPod dock and wireless everything, though!

Oh well said! As a customer i feel the same way.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-16-2010 9:19 PM In reply to

3D?? Sure..one big steaming order of potential headaches and nausea, please.

3D TV (IMHO) is just another gimmick. Since HDTV's reached a price essentially allowing everyone that wanted an HDTV, to pretty much own one now it's time for the industry to offer the next latest and greatest "must have" in home entertainment......I'll pass.

• 03-17-2010 7:14 AM In reply to

True.

Think of it this way;

sony make the 3d cameras to record these events so it only makes sense for them to make a television to cash in on it!!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)