in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2010 4:49 PM by KMA. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2010 8:36 AM

Could buying of new BeoVision 10 be a big fiasco?

I have red a lot about BeoVision 10 40'' and faulty screens. So does this mean that buying a new BeoVision could mean a big fiasco or a kind of Russian roulette?

Has the screen quality already been improved? What about the bigger 46'' screen that is coming in May to the shops, can we expact some better quality?

• 03-16-2010 5:37 PM In reply to

Re: Could buying of new BeoVision 10 be a big fiasco?

The picture quality on mine is quite frankly fantastic. Best picture I have seen. Wonderful blacks, superb detail and very good motion. The 46" will be just as good I am sure. I am sure there are some sets with issues (I have seen the picture thread) but I would expect the vast majority to be just like mine.

• 03-16-2010 6:03 PM In reply to

I agree with Peter. I think any quality control issues (and there's a legitimate case to be made that the other thread was a bit of hyperbole to begin with) will be or have been dealt with swiftly and most will be thrilled long-term with their purchase.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 03-17-2010 4:49 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

TripEnglish:

I agree with Peter. I think any quality control issues (and there's a legitimate case to be made that the other thread was a bit of hyperbole to begin with) will be or have been dealt with swiftly and most will be thrilled long-term with their purchase.

Hyperbole or not (I'm quoting myself on the other thread):

---

I had a preview of two BeoVision 10 units at my dealer's tonight, after the shop's closing hours, in somewhat dimmed lighting conditions. "Movie watching conditions" could not be achieved, due to too much ambient light coming from the shopping centre's hallways.

One of the units had clouding that was actually worse than on my BeoVision 10. The other had notable clouding that was practically no improvement over mine. Both me and my dealer agreed on the problem.

So, 3 out of 3 BeoVision 10 units that I have seen had apparent clouding.

---

I for one am looking at options other than BeoVision 10 as a result. Sadly.

(Edit:)

That said, and as backed by other opinions on this Forum, surely the majority of BeoVision 10's are of excellent quality and I've just been (very) unlucky. I do not wish to come off as harsh; I am merely disappointed. Given that only very few incidents of clouding have been reported here -- most of which were not considered disturbing by the viewer anyway -- chances for people getting a perfect unit are no doubt very good.

My advice is that everyone should judge BeoVision 10 by themselves, and not by prejudice resulting from incidents such as mine. BeoVision 10 is a design-masterpiece that deserves to thrill and enlighten many, many people.

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)