in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2010 11:18 AM by TWG. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2010 12:25 PM

Beovision 7-40 mark ii and apple tv

How do I set uthis up?  No HDMI socket, only 1 DVI, and that is being used by sky+ HD box

• 03-16-2010 1:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-40 mark ii and apple tv

Can anyone help with this?

My B&O dealership is having real trouble.  They tried connecting via the Y Pb Pr sockets but that did not work, for some reason, although the technical department maintain it should do

• 03-16-2010 5:14 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

when you connect your Apple TV via component output you should imediately see a picture on your TV. Or did they mess up some settings?

What if you connect the Apple TV via HDMI-DVI-Adapter? Do you see a picture? Or you connect it to another TV and setup the resolution setting of the Apple TV down to 480p for example just to get the picture back.

• 03-17-2010 7:56 AM In reply to

Hi

They've tried all those things, but no picture or sound when conected via component.  They have also routed it through the sky box, and then you get a picture so it is the component connection which is faulty in some way.  My guess is that, as you suggest, they are using wrong settings in the menus - but any suggestions as to what they should be doing?

Someone has told me, which I find difficult to believe, that with my tv, you can use either the DVI (which is already being used for sky HD), or the component sockets but not both

• 03-17-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

The Mk2 reference manual states that the DVI and component connections can be used "In conjunction with an AV socket". It does not say that only one or the other can be assigned at once. Maybe others can confirm who are using more than one HD source with a Mk2?

This TV does seem short of connections for many. I need an Svideo or VGA input (for my PC) in addition to DVI. Situation rectified with the mk3 which has both.

• 03-17-2010 1:44 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Hi there

my apple tv will not boot up and give a video image unless HDMI sync is performed once booted.

once its booted up you can remove HDMI and it works perfectly for sound etc.

try booting the apple tv connected to a TV with HDMI then try and connect it to the tv via component.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 03-18-2010 5:19 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

You do NOT get audio through the component output, it's ONLY video!

When it displays s.th. through the sky box, you should try to reset the Apple TV while connected through the sky box (then you see what you're doing!) :-)

Here's how you reset the Apple TV:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3180

Good luck 

• 03-18-2010 5:36 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Morning

I am fully aware that you dont get Audio thought component

My senario was as follows.

New year i plugged audio cabled into apple tv without the HDMI lead connected.

The apple tv does not boot up unless it detects HDMI connection

so i connected HDMI while it booted up then removed the HDMI.

as far as i am aware apple tv will not boot up unless it sync a HDMI during boot up.

what colour is the light on the front if its orange the apple tv has not booted up and will not output a signal.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 03-18-2010 9:33 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I bought an Apple TV 3 weeks ago and I can confirm that it boots up even without(!) a HDMI connection.

I connected it via a composite cable (you only get black and white output before hacking the Apple TV) and it works!

So I think you should try the reset option mentioned above. If nothing works: Take your Apple TV to e.g. your dealer or a friend with at TV that has a HDMI connection. Than you can check your Apple TV and change the resolution etc.

Or you can try a HDMI->DVI-I-Konverter with your Apple TV

• 03-20-2010 10:19 AM In reply to

Thanks for all the advice. 

• 03-20-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear the bad news...

Perhaps you can have a talk with your dealer if you bought the TV from him?! 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)