in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-05-2010 2:28 AM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2010 9:43 AM

Can BEO5 control a RF 433 Mhz device ?

Hello, I have a Bellfires fireplace that is controlled by a Mertik Maxitrol RF 433 Mhz remote.

Can anybody tell me if it can be controlled directly with the BEO5 ? And if not, is there a device that can ? I guess Lintronic

can only control the IR signals.

Thanks for helping me with this.

• 03-15-2010 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: Can BEO5 control a RF 433 Mhz device ?

The short answer is NO

The long answer is because the Beo5 is an “Infrared” remote which uses light to transmit the signals, whereas your Mertik Maxitrol RF remote uses Radio Frequency to transmit signals, so they each use different technologies.

If you can find an Infrared to Radio frequency converter, then you could get the Beo5 to control it. However, I have never found a suitable product.

Regards Keith....

• 03-15-2010 2:44 PM In reply to

I would be interesting to know what the remote actually controls.

This nifty little device can translate IR code to RF code for a certain range of  actuators.

It may be a starting point for finding a solution.

http://cms.jbmedia.de/index.php?lang=en

Tim

• 08-05-2010 2:19 AM In reply to

I now have found the solution. Lintronic made a device for me. He connected my RF remote on this device. I now can control the RF remote with my BEO 5 !

• 08-05-2010 2:28 AM In reply to

There are several IR to RF solutions around for 433 Mhz devices which is the standard frequency in Europe, but the Beo5 itself can only send infrared signals and for controlling any RF device you will always need a converter such as the Lintronic solution.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)