in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2010 7:20 AM by stefan. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2010 11:06 AM

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

PIN Code Error Beocenter 6-26

Received my Beocenter 6-26 earlier this week, the letter from Struer with the Pin came yesterday.

Now the problem is, Bang&olufsen supplied me a 5 digit code, the Beocenter asks me for a 4 digit code.

Tried the first four digits, the last four digits, then 0000, 1111, and now its blocked and asks me to WAIT.

So - what to do?

Marcel

• 03-13-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: PIN Code Error Beocenter 6-26

root:

Received my Beocenter 6-26 earlier this week, the letter from Struer with the Pin came yesterday.

Now the problem is, Bang&olufsen supplied me a 5 digit code, the Beocenter asks me for a 4 digit code.

Tried the first four digits, the last four digits, then 0000, 1111, and now its blocked and asks me to WAIT.

So - what to do?

Sounds as if B&O have made a typing error. The WAIT is typically for three hours or more, after which time you will be allowed another three attempts. You need to leave the power on during this waiting period. If you can't work out what the error in the PIN is, you'll have to go back to B&O. Dealers, I think, can reset the PIN with a  Mastercode if someone has changed the factory setting. If you search on the forum you will find the odd dealer sending PMs to people who have had this problem (from which I assume that they are willing to offer this service in confidence.)

When I had a similar recent problem I was able to work out the PIN (I had transposed two numbers) but it took several attempts with three hour waits each time!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-13-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

I have sent an email to my seller, but I don't expect a response before monday.

it's kind of strange that they send a wrong code...

Marcel

• 03-13-2010 1:26 PM In reply to

could be that you have been given the mastercode, they are 5 digits.

leave the television on the mains for more than 8 hours to give yourself another go.

turn the tv on then press and hold the left arrow. this will then prompt you for the 5 digit pin.

• 03-13-2010 1:30 PM In reply to

bnoblueboy:

could be that you have been given the mastercode, they are 5 digits.

leave the television on the mains for more than 8 hours to give yourself another go.

turn the tv on then press and hold the left arrow. this will then prompt you for the 5 digit pin.

Agree. Much more likely than a typing error!

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-13-2010 1:33 PM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

Yes, haha, you are right. it says Master Code on the letter, did not even read the text before, just noticed now.

will try what you suggested. does the Master Code kind of overrule the PIN, or do I also need the PIN?

Marcel

• 03-13-2010 2:03 PM In reply to

it does overrule the pin code. it is applied for when you have lost the origional pin

• 03-14-2010 6:58 AM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

Thank you for everything.

Entered the Master Code and it said PIN CODE DELETED.

So everything is working fine now.

is there a way to set my own PIN?

Marcel

• 03-14-2010 7:20 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes. Did you get the user manual? On P. 16 you will find the needed information. Press MENU - Left - Left - STOP. Now you should have the PIN CODE MENU. You must delete the pin code before entering a new one. Hope this helps.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)