in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-15-2010 6:10 PM by Peter. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2010 7:53 AM

Beovision 9 discontinued

Well I suppose it was always coming but the Beovision 9 has been discontinued. The 7-55 has taken over in this area I suppose. I still prefer the design of the 5/9 to the 7 but am obviously in a minority! 

• 03-13-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Re: Beovision 9 discontinued

Hello Peter,

Even in a minority, you are not alone!!

BV9 is elegant and stylish, BV7 more "technical".

One makes me think to the "2001" monolith, the other to a "Star wars" spacefighter.

As a BV5 then BV9 owner, this day is to be marked with a black stone.

Have a nice day anyway,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 03-13-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

Peter :

Well I suppose it was always coming but the Beovision 9 has been discontinued. The 7-55 has taken over in this area I suppose. I still prefer the design of the 5/9 to the 7 but am obviously in a minority! 

I prefer the design of the Beovision 5 too. In fact I never liked the Beovision 7 and the 7-55 is the worst proportioned of the lot imho...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-13-2010 9:01 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BV5 was a brilliant design and a brilliant product.  It's without doubt the most reliable product i have ever stocked too.

I promised that i would only ever replace it with a BV9 - which i did, and i'm delighted with it !

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-13-2010 9:20 AM In reply to

I agree!

Love my BV5, when replaced it will hopefully be with a BV9.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-13-2010 9:51 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

NOOO [:'(]

In my opinion BV5 and BV9 is the only "Real" B&O flatscreen, and the BV9 is my dream. 

• 03-13-2010 12:19 PM In reply to

No minority!

The BV5 was the most beautiful TV ever made by anybody!

The 9 was beautiful too, but the ALT spoiled it a bit for me... should have rotated into position! Wink

RIP Sad

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-13-2010 12:23 PM In reply to

Well I've just succumbed to one of Lee's BV5 offers and it's a stunning TV in every way. I'm still a Standard Definition man and even at 42 inch the BV5 has a superb picture from SD sources. The BV5 came on a three leg stand which we had intended to remove and change to a wall mount. However, the TV just looks so right on that stand leaning back at a few degrees that we are going to stick with it. (Didn't choose the motorised stand as there isn't room for (or any point in) swinging that big screen in the chosen bedroom location.) The vacuum cleaner is now banned from the immediate vicinity of that aluminium frame!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-13-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

Oh Graham!

Congratulations! Yes -  thumbs up

What color combo did you go with?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-13-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

burantek:

Oh Graham!

Congratulations! Yes -  thumbs up

What color combo did you go with?

Thanks Jaff.

It's silver with a charcoal fret. Couldn't believe just how big it was when it was delivered. My wife has fallen in love with its design.

Such an elegant (yet large and extremely heavy) TV!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-13-2010 12:53 PM In reply to

Oh, very nice!

I also like the stand as well! It looks like a masterpiece sitting on an easel!

With the way my Avants are positioned, the motorized stands are useless!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-13-2010 5:23 PM In reply to

RIP BV9... You are a piece of art!!!

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-13-2010 8:35 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh no!!!! They are discontinueing such loved products TOO SOON! :( Belab 1, Beovision 5, now beovision 9? Already?? Oh what dissapoiting news, it was one of my favourite designs, the beovision 9 has staggering prescence...

:( RIP

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-14-2010 12:39 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Toubro:

NOOO [:'(]

In my opinion BV5 and BV9 is the only "Real" B&O flatscreen, and the BV9 is my dream. 

I, like everyone else, was dreading this.  I thought of the 9 as the absolute pinnacle and ultimate B&O acquisition for myself personally.

Evan

• 03-15-2010 11:09 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

This is actually good news (for us, the BV9 admirers). It can only mean cheaper BV9's around the corner. The same way it has hapened with the BV5, an extremely expensive set when new and now one of the best value second hand purchases from BnO.

Unfortunately the death was announched when BnO launched the 7-55 at a 4k euro lower price. Bigger, cheaper and to many people, LCD is not only as good as plasma, but even better! Confused

As said, I now look forward for bargains on BV9 Cool

Gustavo

• 03-15-2010 11:14 AM In reply to

Looks like BeoWorld buried BV9 before B&O..

Have a look at B&O's official website, today there is a press release about AST (Adaptive Sound Technology), and they say it will first be launched in BV4, then BS3-based TVs, INCLUDING BV9 and the BV7 series..

So that means BV9 is not going away for the moment, right..?Hmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-15-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

They have stopped making it! All that they have left are those in the system. Right hand not knowing what left hand is doing! I suggest the chap who wrote the AST bit was not privy to the decision and wrote it a couple of weeks ago!

• 03-15-2010 11:50 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Peter :

Right hand not knowing what left hand is doing!

I would say 'Welcome to Struer' but that would be a bit harsh..  I really feel for the people at HQ - a lot of very good individual people, but it seems red tape and lack of communication can really hamstring them.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-15-2010 5:57 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

I am not sure if I recall some comments from the past in the right way...but when the BV9 was launched not everybody was pleased with the design, or to be more straight forward, most members did not like it at all!

So now the BV9 will be history soon and now it is the greatest TV on earth? hmmm....

As always it is about personal taste and who is ready for a signature might be pleased with interesting pricing (already seen for 2nd life BV9 recently max 50% of MSRP for current full HD model)

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 03-15-2010 6:10 PM In reply to

I always preferred the BV5 - a purer design. The BV10 is in my view even prettier but at a price of sound quality. The 9 was just too big and the asymmetric split of screen and speaker and the ALT lens detracted from the original design. I would still far rather have a BV9 than a BV7 though. And I prefer plasma to LCD.

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)