in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-21-2007 9:58 AM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 10:18 AM

Avant 32 RF-DVD-HDR, the first one with build-in HDR?

For the one who is interested about the question does a HDR fit into a Avant?

Yes, it does.

Some pictures where made during the process.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/23821.aspx

Beobuddy.

• 06-20-2007 2:12 PM In reply to

Re: Avant 32 RF-DVD-HDR, the first one with build-in HDR?

Very nice work! Don't know why they didn't do it themselves!
  • 06-20-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Fascinating photo's and thanks for sharing them with us.
    Well done! You certainly have a unique telly now.
    Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-20-2007 2:27 PM In reply to

• BEOfreak
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Odense, Denmark
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Excellent job! Which HDR did you use?

BEOfreak

Avant CTV 28", V6000, DVD1, BC9000, BS3000, BL4000, MX4200, CX50, BeoCom 2, Beocom 6000, LC1, LC2

• 06-20-2007 3:11 PM In reply to

BEOfreak:

Excellent job! Which HDR did you use?

BEOfreak

Hi Beofreak,

I did use a HDR-1 with a 250GB drive.

I've seen the mainboard of a HDR-2 and it's practically the same. Only the upc-board is slightly different.

So building a HDR-1 or HDR-2 inside doesn't make any difference.

A HDR-1 will do the job just fine.

As you can see, I've made a small board with some led's as an alternative display.

This isn't also needed, but when you have doubts if it works, you can take a look at the backside of the Avant.

It's funny and surprising to see that when you press the record button twice, the Avant display on top will show "record".

One of the thoughts I had, was to keep both the Avant and the HDR-1 housing original. So if I want to sell the Avant, I still have the original housing of the HDR-1.

The same for the Avant. I only cut the backside lower part along a curved line, which was there already.

The HDR-1 is placed on a wooden shelf between the two brackets on each side. And only 1 screw is used to secure it and to keep it in place.

What you can't see is, that I've used some rubber/gummi parts to avoid noise/vibrations which could occur between the HDR and the chassis of the Avant.

About the cables I've used. It's the same as wih the Avant VCR. The aerial goes first to the HDR and then to the Avant. I've checked the amount of picture noise in the menu, but it is still the same with or without HDR.

The scartcable I used is the shortest (1 meter) cable from Monster, series 3 I think. It's a bit over the top to use that kind of cable, but it workes fine. 

The only extra cable there is, is the powercord from the mains.

I can tell you that I'm a bit proud to have it this way. There is also a special STB bracket on the backside of the Avant which carries the Topfield 5500PVR Sat-receiver. So you can imagine that it has become an Avant with a heavy backpack.

• 06-20-2007 4:56 PM In reply to

A fine work indeed! Yes

Only problem for me: I would miss for sure the little but useful HDR leds info from my viewing position (recording,replay, timer, stdby...)

besides I think the HDR2 (HDR1 is a different story) is quite elegant just besides the avant dvd...

Santiago

• 06-21-2007 9:58 AM In reply to

Santiago:

A fine work indeed! Yes

Only problem for me: I would miss for sure the little but useful HDR leds info from my viewing position (recording,replay, timer, stdby...)

besides I think the HDR2 (HDR1 is a different story) is quite elegant just besides the avant dvd...

As you can see, I've made an alternative display. Believe me, you would't miss it.

You don't need the on/off led, because you see if the HDR respond to the Vtape instruction and the start-up screen.

I don't miss the timer led, because you check your recording(s) in the timer menu. And it always works. The daily recordings we made are there every day.

About the HDR2. You will hardly notice the difference if you use it with an Avant. Only a different startup screen and some minor differences in usage.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)