in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2010 3:12 PM by vikinger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2010 12:04 PM

• harrykym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-04-2008
    • Rossendale
    • Posts 86
    • Bronze Member

Avant DVD 28" lost PIN code?

Hi Beoworld,

I've just bought a 32" Avant RF with beo4 and DVD1 off ebay for £125 Smile bargin of the year for me.... I've then put my 28"AvantDVD in my bedroom and when i've turned it back on its asking me for a PIN!! which i've lost, does anyone know if B&O have a default code or any help to get me going again.

many thanks

James

BS-3, BS-1, BS-OVERTURE, AVANT-28"RF, AVANT-28" DVD, AVANT 32" RF, 3xBEO-4, LC-1, 4xBEOCOM-6000, BEOCOM-2, A9 KEYRING, DVD1, Beosystem 10, BEOCOM 3, BEOLAB 2500, BEOSOUND CENTURY, BEOLIT 707

• 03-09-2010 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: Avant DVD 28" lost PIN code?

harrykym:

Hi Beoworld,

I've just bought a 32" Avant RF with beo4 and DVD1 off ebay for £125 Smile bargin of the year for me.... I've then put my 28"AvantDVD in my bedroom and when i've turned it back on its asking me for a PIN!! which i've lost, does anyone know if B&O have a default code or any help to get me going again.

many thanks

James

Hi James. I recently had the same problem with my BC1. Fortunately I eventually recovered the correct PIN (I had transposed a couple of numbers.) If I hadn't been able to do that I was going to go back to B&O with the serial number as I believe that they keep the original PIN on record centrally. 

If the previous owner changed the PIN there may be a problem (but others on this site should be able to confirm whether there is a way around this.) If your purchase was very recent couldn't you ask the seller if he still has a record or can remember it?

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-09-2010 2:28 PM In reply to

james, you have a pm   Smile

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 03-09-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

KingStreet:

james, you have a pm   Smile

Is a simple Mastercode solution available ? (When I posted my similar problem there were no offers of help!) Unsure

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)