in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2011 7:21 AM by hofrob. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2010 8:29 AM

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

BeoSystem 2 and Apple TV

Hi, I would like to hear from any one who has an Apple TV working with a BeoSystem 2. Mine is the older variety without a PC input option. I wondered if anyone else has got this arrangement to work? If you have, what configuration in terms of cables/connectors did you use and what did you need to tell the BeoSystem 2? Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

BTW. On my panel I have got a component input and I can convert the digital audio to plug into the BeoSystem 2.

• 03-11-2010 4:08 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoSystem 2 and Apple TV

You just have to use

- a component cable from the Apple TV to your Beosystem 2 and

- an optical audio cable from the Apple TV to your Beosystem 2.

That's it :-) 

• 03-11-2010 8:23 AM In reply to

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

Hi TWG, thanks for your response. I'm puzzled as to how I do this as the BeoSystem 2 does not offer a component input and the digital audio input is coaxial. I have been able to convert the optical signal to a coaxial one but I'm not sure how I deal with the component input?

• 03-12-2010 4:12 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

What kind of video-inputs does the Beosystem 2 has? I don't know the system so I have to ask.

You don't need to convert the optical audio signal to a coaxial one, you can simply use the analog RCA plugs, too. Music quality of the Apple TV is low (MP3 and AAC...); digital audio is only required for movies if you want Dolby etc.

If you only have scart inputs or composite you can "hack" your Apple TV like I explained here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/32328.aspx

Then the only thing you have to add is a RCA-->Scart-Adapterplug.

• 03-12-2010 4:38 AM In reply to

• ndaniels
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Winchester
    • Posts 12
    • Founder

Thanks TWG, I'd had a hunt round the forums and missed the thread you directed me too. Sounds like that's the solution I want.

• 03-12-2010 5:10 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

you're welcome :-)

• 10-07-2011 7:21 AM In reply to

Hi i am still struggling. I have an older Beosytem 2 and thus bought the first gen Apple TV. Now I am trying to connect both, I have the appropriate YUV/RGB cables as welll as the appropriate SCART adapter, now need to know to what SCART connection to connect the Apple TV (VTAPE, AV, DECODER) and what other actions need to take place to get a picture on my Beovision4?

Cheers Robert

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)