in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2010 3:21 PM by johncollyer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2010 1:23 PM

Beovision Avant 32 VCR no picture

Hi, Can anybody help me.  My Avant has lost its picture. It was working perfect then nothing, I have sound on all sources but no picture on any sources, not even the menu display will come on screen. Any help appreciated.

John.

• 03-08-2010 5:48 PM In reply to

• beoblok
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2008
    • Finland
    • Posts 80
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision Avant 32 VCR no picture

Hello John,

It may be that the tube is a goner. Try the BW search function and many posts will appear, there's lots written about it. I thought this post may be of interest, though it doesn't lead anywhere. It kinda comes down to the fact that you'll need an engineer to get it fixed...

• 03-09-2010 2:20 AM In reply to

John,

If you have sound, but no picture, then the fault could be any number of things.

If you are not a TV engineer or at least have good electronics knowledge, then you will certainly need the help getting this repaired.

If there is no faint raster, then it almost certainly means that you have no EHT (Extra High Tension) which is about 25 Kilo Volts for the anode of the tube which in turn requires all the power supply voltages to be present.

So, any good TV engineer would first test that all the power supply voltages were in place and go from there.

Assuming, there is no raster at all on the screen, then this is unlikely to be a tube fault.

Regards Keith....

• 03-09-2010 3:21 PM In reply to

Hi Keith,

What does a raster look like? The tv just stopped no gradual loss of quality or the like it just stopped. It had been working fine up to this point. In your opinion is it worth getting repaired bearing in mind the cost of 2nd hand ones now.

Any help here would be appreciated.

John.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)