in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2010 3:30 PM by markiedee. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2010 1:23 PM

Beovision 8-40, image tearing when high contrast / speed of movement

Hi

I have spoken to my dealer about this, and whilst some of the problems I have could be explained by the fat PS3 I am using as a blu-ray player, live tv cannot be explained so simply. I don't believe the PS3 is at fault.

Whenever there is high contrast / fast motion, there is terrible tearing of the image. This can be in the form of horrendous pixellation when watching football when the ball is in motion, mainly when played high past the stands (high contrast AND speed), or for example in films with high action. The scene in I-robot driving down the tunnel is pretty much unwatchable during the bit where there's a side on shot of Will Smith driving - the steering wheel in the audi is just a big flickering block.

The TV was updated to latest firmware and this did not resolve the issue. Additionally, if I turn off Auto Picture Control, it fixes it slightly, and as the picture in that state is noticeably darker, I am guessing contrast as above.

Incidentally, Beo 7-40s and Beo 4-50s do not do this. I know it's not apples with apples, but I have access to all 3 TVs so can compare frequently.

If there's anything known about this (aside from the hdtvreviews review which mentions it incredibly briefly during a glowing review, and implies nothing like the problems I have experienced with it), guidance would be great

Apologies for a long first post,

drawfull

• 03-08-2010 2:51 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 8-40, image tearing when high contrast / speed of movement

hi i'm no expert on this particular issue your having. but have you tried turning off the film mode which this tv has.

it may reduce some of the pixellation and tearing that your having.

some other members on here may be able to help you more, but i think that turning off the film mode would be a good start hope this helps a little.

• 03-08-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

Yeah, dealer did that, should have said.

• 03-08-2010 2:58 PM In reply to

Actually, I am not sure now. He turned something off but that was in the PS3.

Where's the film mode setting on the tv?

• 03-08-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

In the service menu.

But it's probably the 200 Hz circuit. All frame interpolation circuits has some artifacts and stuff. B&O is a lot better than for example the Samsung and LG frame interpolation systems, though.

• 03-08-2010 3:30 PM In reply to

the bv-10 has the 200hz circuit the bv8-40 has 100hz.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)