in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2010 3:20 AM by Stoney3K. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2010 10:59 AM

Beosystem 2500 Technical Problem

Hi

I recently purchased a second hand B & O 2500 stereo and I have an issue where the whole sytem is unresponsive. It seems like it maybe in some sort of test mode and even if I unplug it it still seems to be in the same mode, only seems to partly respond to remote control commands and is very eratic.

The question I suppose is, is there any way to factory reset this model or do you guys think it may be broken ?

Would appreciate some help - thanks in advance !!

DanTheComb

• 03-07-2010 12:00 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beosystem 2500 Technical Problem

Welcome to Beoworld !

A bit too new for me to know a lot about really, but is it in a link setup ?
    Some items will, when f.e. in some MCL setups, only respond to some commands - or none at all.
    Maybe you should check option settings etc.

Martin

• 03-07-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

If it has been used in a linked set up it could simply be in the wrong option.

To use as a stand alone system it needs to be in option 1. To do this the system needs to be in stand by & on the Beolink 1000 remote press "sound" then "1" then "store". The stan by light should blink which means it has accepted the new option setting.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 03-07-2010 12:33 PM In reply to

Ok thanks for the responses guys..

Have tried the "sound" "1" "store" but seemed to make no difference. When I switch it on the cd spins then the system goes back into standby, with green light on the unit but red light on the speakers. When I push standby again both lights on the speakers and the unit go red.

It seems to maybe be in some kind of test mode ?? Is a bit eratic, seems to switch itself off and on itself too, hence thought it might be in standby ??

Again thanks for the help guys !!

• 03-07-2010 12:35 PM In reply to

As a footnote, the system was fine until I purchased an old B & O centre 9000 and installed that in the same room !!

It went a bit haywire shortly after but had been fine up to then.

• 03-09-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

Hi guys

Any more ideas on this one ?

I think it may be in some kind of demo/test mode ?

Seems to be very intermittant, comes on on it's own too sometimes..

• 03-13-2010 9:12 PM In reply to

• Stoney3K
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Eindhoven, NL
    • Posts 91
    • Silver Member

danthecomb:

As a footnote, the system was fine until I purchased an old B & O centre 9000 and installed that in the same room !!

It went a bit haywire shortly after but had been fine up to then.

The two-way communication from the Beocenter might be messing things up, flooding the Beosound 2500 with IR (remote) information which confuses it.

Simple way to test that: Get a piece of tape or paper, and cover the BC9000's IR sensor window, or just pull the plug and test. If the BS2500 works after that, you found the root of your problem.

• 03-13-2010 11:50 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Beocenter 9000 wasn't equipped with 2-way communication.  Only the 9500 had it.

• 03-14-2010 3:20 AM In reply to

• Stoney3K
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Eindhoven, NL
    • Posts 91
    • Silver Member

mediabobny:

Beocenter 9000 wasn't equipped with 2-way communication.  Only the 9500 had it.

Still, something is still interfering with the Beosound's way of operating, and since the problems started when the BC9000 was placed in the same room, that's the first place you could look.

The two devices don't have a "magic" way of talking to each other if there's no cable between them Wink... so there must be something wrong with the IR signal, which could explain the symptoms described by the TS. Unexpected behaviour, involuntary stand-by's... all point to a source of remote signals which were NOT planned.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)