in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-20-2007 10:47 AM by Tom. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 6:45 AM

Anyone's imput appreciated..

I currently have a Beosound 3200 with a pair of Beolab 9's and my wife has has certainly caught the B+O bug and is very keen to get a Beovision 7-32. The question is that i'm very new to B+O and finding it hard to justify spending nearly £7k on a television as every one i have ever bought peviously (obviously not B+O!) have been out of date within a year or two . Any pros and cons that anyone can share with me as i can see my wallet taking a bashing on saturday unless otherwise persuaded.

thanks for your time

David

• 06-20-2007 6:56 AM In reply to

• beobeo
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 953
    • Founder

Re: Anyone's imput appreciated..

David;

I would hold on until de end of summer when is expected the new BV7-32, based on a completely new chassis with additional connectivity options like HDMI ports. Rumor has it that it may come with a new Full HD LCD panel, as opposed to the HD Ready that offers today. End of summer (September) could mean December, if we consider B&O's common delays.

I think is a great TV as it is now, but suggest you to wait.

Gustavo

• 06-20-2007 7:01 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I personally would wait for the updated version which should be coming out later this year.

The BeoVision 7 isn't too special when it comes to some DVDs or SD sources (unlike say, the BeoVision 8, BeoCentre 6 or BeoVision 9), as it still uses the older picture processing techniques which are getting a bit long in the tooth now.

The updated one will have a BeoSystem 3 as it's heart, giving you picture you wouldn't believe. Just look at a BeoVision 9 or 8 to see what I mean.

If you can't wait, I would personally go for an Avant instead! Much much cheaper and you won't have any problems with it going out of date!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 06-20-2007 7:05 AM In reply to

David, follow the suggestion of Gustavo. The BeoVision 7 is going to impruve so much, that is going to become in a new one much better than the actual one.

You must realize, that you are not going to buy just a TV, you are going to buy a very complete audio-visual system.

Rafa
  • 06-20-2007 7:06 AM In reply to

Excellent advice. Thanks guys, i'll wait until after christmas

thanks again

• 06-20-2007 9:50 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

beobeo:

David;

I would hold on until de end of summer when is expected the new BV7-32, based on a completely new chassis with additional connectivity options like HDMI ports. Rumor has it that it may come with a new Full HD LCD panel, as opposed to the HD Ready that offers today. End of summer (September) could mean December, if we consider B&O's common delays.

I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding the 7-32. This may be valid for the 7-40, and I am sure the 7-32 will be upgraded one way or the other - but the rumors above have only been "confirmed" for the 40" edition.

Roger

• 06-20-2007 10:47 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Roger:
    beobeo:

David;

I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding the 7-32. This may be valid for the 7-40, and I am sure the 7-32 will be upgraded one way or the other - but the rumors above have only been "confirmed" for the 40" edition.

Roger

that is true, it has only be confirmed for the 40" version, but it would be silly, and I am sure David would be furious to spend 7k £ now and see a new version come out in December or early 08. It would be logical if B&O would improve the 32" version in the same way they improved the 40" version.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)