in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-04-2012 2:08 PM by Jawaka. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 5:09 PM

Beogram 1500 Speed Selector problem

Hi there,

I recently became the owner of a Beogram 1500 turntable (the later version).

Really pleased with it, unfortunately I'm less pleased about the fact the speed selector doesn't seem to be working correctly. 

It only plays at 33RPM I've managed to accidentally get it playing at double speed after stopping and starting it a few times but that is as close I got to 45RPM and it was way too fast! In the main I listen to albums but I do have quite a few 12"s I'd like to be able to listen.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or of not can anyone recommend a repair place in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

Stef

Filed under: , ,
  • 03-01-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 1500 Speed Selector problem

Welcome to Beoworld !

To play a 12 inch record on 45rpm, on some decks, you will have to start it by pressing 45, catch the
    tonearm before it lands and manually take it back and place it at the lead-in groove.
    If you start the deck at 33 (to get the 12 inch landing spot correct), you cannot
    change to 45 on all decks.

Martin

• 03-01-2010 5:43 PM In reply to

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response. I realise that is how one would play a 12" at 45RPM. Unfortunately the turntable will not play at 45RPM that is my problem.

If I put a 7" on and press the 45 button the tone arm moves to the correct position to play the 7" but it plays it at 33RPM not 45. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Stef

• 03-01-2010 5:54 PM In reply to

Just an extra note: the fine tune pitching works fine. It's as though the switch inside that selects 45 or 33 is just not kicking in.

• 01-01-2012 10:59 AM In reply to

• Sidi
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-06-2011
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

selfctrl:

Just an extra note: the fine tune pitching works fine. It's as though the switch inside that selects 45 or 33 is just not kicking in.

If you are still searching and this question is still to be aswered: I had the same problem with my Beocenter 1800 and I solved it.

Greets
    Sidi 

Absolute Beginner in B&O things, but hey, everyone started once Smile

• 01-01-2012 2:45 PM In reply to

I'm still searching! How did you solve it?

Thanks

Stef

• 01-02-2012 2:57 AM In reply to

• Sidi
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-06-2011
    • Vienna, Austria
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi!

Could you describe (or even better: post a pic Smile of) the mechanics inside your Beogram 1500? Lets hope it works the same/in a similar way.

I found out, that the spring, which is mounted at the axle of the wheel that touches the motor axle at different heights (for different diameters and so different speeds) was simply mounted wrong - but this did take a few hours and a lot of "trial & error" Embarrassed

An overview of the inside/upside-down view of my beocenter can be found here:
    http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/36655/352427.aspx#352427

Greets
    Sidi

Absolute Beginner in B&O things, but hey, everyone started once Smile

• 02-04-2012 2:08 PM In reply to

• Jawaka
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-04-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hi, just came across this thread. I have a similar issue to the OP, except mine only plays at 45 speed (As of today). Up until now, it's been fine apart from the occaisonal attempt where it would play really fast.

I've taken it apart today and tried to get an idea what's wrong, and i have been searching through tonnes of posts online, but it's still failing to play at 33 speed. I'm pretty sure it's the same model, Beogram 1500:

Anyway, i'm going to get a pic of what it looks like inside. Any help after that would be much appreciated!

Edit: My post had to be checked by a moderator before it appeared. In that time i took it apart again, but after a while of looking underneath while pressing the button, eventually it started playing normally. Although i still can't see what made a difference. Was just doing the following..

Press 33 speed, wait to see if it's playing too fast, press stop.

Repeat over and over til it worked.

Anyway, somethings playing up, i imagine it'll stop working again soon. I didn't get a photo as typically my camera stopped working also.

I will sort a photo out somehow and add it to this thread sometime soon.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)