in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2011 7:49 AM by hofrob. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 2:11 PM

• ssi76
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Apple TV on "old" B&O television (MX7000)

Hi - cannot seem to find the correct solution.

Just bought an Apple TV which has component and hdmi output. I have tried to connect the component output to my scart-socket through a simple component/scart  adapter, but that does not seem to work.

Does anyone know how to connect to a “non-flat screen” B&O TV?

• 03-01-2010 3:35 PM In reply to

Re: Apple TV on "old" B&O television (MX7000)

I had the same problem with my Beovision 3, this is the solution...

http://www.js-technology.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=52&osCsid=36e75286a3c65307b697f755c42e7d8a

Dan

• 03-02-2010 2:21 AM In reply to

• ssi76
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for a quick response!! That looks like a super solution.

I have also found another solution based on s-video input (which my MX7000 has) instead of a scart input. My question now is: Does anyone know if s-video provide a better input that scart-input (picture-quality)?

S-video converter: http://www.svideo.com/appletv2tv.html

Thanks in advance :-)

• 03-02-2010 3:32 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

if you have some knowledge about working with Apples Terminal Software and a SSH client under Mac OS X you don't need ANY hardware adapter!

You have to make an USB Bootstick for your Apple TV, after it is "cracked open" via software, you have to install nitoTV with a kernel extension for the composite signal and then you can use a standard rca-scart-connection to your MX :-)
    The yellow video cable had to be plugged into the green output socket of your Apple TV. You will notice that you will have a immediately a black and white picture on your MX - even without hacking! For colour output the hacking  is required :-)

You can connect the Apple TV via composite output (yellow videocable plus audio (L/R).
    Another patch requires a HDMI-DVI-I-Adapter + a DVI-I-VGA-Adapter which should provide a simple hack. It didn't work for me, so  I had to choose  the  long way and do it via software!

• 03-02-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

• ssi76
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-01-2010
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello,

Have just tried the above mentioned solution and it worked right away :-) Fantastic!! Know I can do the setup. I am still running black and white but will try the atv-flash/nitoTV yet, but I am sure it will work fine.

Thank you very much - you just saved me £90 for a converter :-)

By the way. Can really recommend apple tv as media base station fore streaming music. It really works well with the beo-link system. I you want to play music in a room without beolink you can expand your system with a airport express unit (expands your wifi network and has a minijack output) and beolab 4 speakers!!

Ones again thans to all who helped me get going ;-)

• 03-02-2010 4:44 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

ssi76:

Hello,

Have just tried the above mentioned solution and it worked right away :-) Fantastic!! Know I can do the setup. I am still running black and white but will try the atv-flash/nitoTV yet, but I am sure it will work fine.

Thank you very much - you just saved me £90 for a converter :-)

By the way. Can really recommend apple tv as media base station fore streaming music. It really works well with the beo-link system. I you want to play music in a room without beolink you can expand your system with a airport express unit (expands your wifi network and has a minijack output) and beolab 4 speakers!!

Ones again thans to all who helped me get going ;-)

I'd love to try this 'solution' but the procedure frightens me a just a little bit to say the least! I'm nervous of corrupting the ATV software and ruining it.

By the way, you say you've tried it and it worked right away but then go on to give the impression that you've not quite done it yet and are still running in B&W. Can you explain for my benefit please?

• 03-03-2010 3:52 AM In reply to

• Peter
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-28-2009
    • Sweden
    • Posts 134
    • Bronze Member

Hi All!

I agree, hacking and patching your new Apple TV might seem a bit scary if youre not used to do things like that..
    I bought the software package from www.atvflash.com which worked perfectly for me getting colour on my BV3-32.

The installation was very easy and you can "roll back " to the original Apple TV configuration at any time and there is a lot of helpful instructions here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

The package includes NitoTv and lots of other great enhancements ( no, I dont get payed to say this..lol)

Good luck!

/Peter

• 03-03-2010 4:54 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for that Peter. Very interesting!

• 10-07-2011 7:02 AM In reply to

Hi i am still struggling. I have an older Beosytem 2 and thus bought the first gen Apple TV. Now I am trying to connect both, I have the appropriate YUV/RGB cables as welll as the appropriate SCART adapter, now need to know to what SCART connection to connect the Apple TV (VTAPE, AV, DECODER) and what other actions need to take place to get a picture on my Beovision4?

Cheers Robert

• 10-07-2011 7:26 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I addressed this issue by purchasing a component to composite converter via eBay. Cost about 30 GBP I seem to recall. I connected then to a composite to scart plug and plugged it into one of the spare scart sockets. Not HD quality or as good as that via component or HDMI but as good it can be in the circumstances. 

• 10-07-2011 7:49 AM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)