in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-02-2010 9:21 AM by solderon29. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2010 11:16 AM

Confused [*-)] BeoVision ME6000 not showing full image.

Hello everyone,

This TV was left to me by a relative. Before i start, i dont have the original remote, but have a universal one (this one may have missing buttins etc). I am quite tech savy but wouldn't consider myself a pro.

I'm having an issue wich I think involves aspect ratio, when the tv has any sort of input it seems to cut of about 3 inches of both sides, i have tried to figure out how to change the aspect ratio but can't seem to find an option for it anywhere, this is frustrating as when I use it for watching films or anything for that matter, I can't see the whole image.

I have checked and its not a problem with my DVD player or anything as i have set them to 4:3 so i dont think thats where the problem is.

I would love to know if this is a fault with the tv or I am just being stupid and missing an option in the menu somewhere.

Any light shed on this will be greatly appreciated.

• 03-02-2010 5:18 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision ME6000 not showing full image.

Is this the wrong forum section to post this?

• 03-02-2010 5:32 AM In reply to

Right section I guess, but I'm afraid there's not much knowledge about that particular model around. It is actually a Philips chassis in B&O clothes and we don't even have the service manual here on site...

Do you have any analogue transmissions over the air/cable left, so that you could compare and double check that the problem is indeed in the TV and not in your program source? If it is the TV, I guess there would be some kind of a service setting for the picture width, but can't help any further without the manual Sad

-mika

• 03-02-2010 7:49 AM In reply to

I had one of these a while ago and I don't think there is any aspect setting on the TV itself - I would check with an analogue signal as mentioned above and also check that it's not 4:3 Letterbox

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 03-02-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

It is indeed a "Phirips" chassis(anyone else remember that classic ad,or am I more ancient than I thought!)

You seem to have a problem with low width sir,almost certainly due to poor capacitors in the line drive/output stage.

Any competant tv Engineer should be able to sort this,rather than a B&O service centre,who will probably never have seen one before,they were very reliable!

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)