in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-01-2010 1:15 PM by joeyboygolf. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2010 8:17 PM

Datalink Wiring

not sure who is right or wrong, but can anybody confirm for me, that the Datalink wiring is the same as the "Audio Aux Link" pins, which I thought they were, but I am now told that Pins 6 and 7 are different, which would seem a bit weird.

Pin No.  Datalink      Colour      Audio Aux Link

Pin 1   Left Out          Yellow     Left Out

Pin 2   GND                Shield     GND

Pin 3   Left In             Blue        Left In

Pin 4   Right Out         Red        Right Out

Pin 5   Right In            Green    Right In

Pin 6   Data Ground    Black      Datalink

Pin 7   Datalink           White     Not Used 

Filed under:
  • 02-27-2010 4:08 AM In reply to

Re: Datalink Wiring

The Datalink signal is carried in either pin 6 or pin 7 depending on the device.

If I can deduce from your nick name / avatar that you are trying to connect something to the upright family of music centers, I believe not all of them support Datalink through the AUX connector at all.

-mika

• 02-27-2010 5:49 AM In reply to

I see, I guess I will have to make up two cables, one wired for Datalink and the other for "Audio Aux Link" and try them both out on my Ouverture with whatever turntable I end up getting, the idea is to wall mount it with one of the "Sounds Heavenly" turntable shelves, ideally I want one that uses an MMCx cartridge and have built in RIAA, the Beogram 4500 seems to fit the bill

• 02-27-2010 6:32 AM In reply to

According to this old thread you should be able to get this to work with an Ouverture. Although I still don't know 100% sure which pin you should connect Smile Won't break anything by just trying, though...

-mika

• 02-27-2010 8:25 AM In reply to

thanks Mika, the thread you pointed me to was great news !

• 02-27-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

Hi ouverture,

The Beogram 4500 is an excellent choice for use with an Ouverture, as it has a built-in pre-amp and will fit nicely on one of my turntable wall shelves (I'm hoping you have a wall shelf already, as they are out of stock at the moment!)

You don't need to worry about Datalink wiring with this combination of equipment, as the Beogram comes complete with the correct 7 pin DIN lead to connect straight into the Aux socket on your Ouverture.  If you need any longer leads or adapters, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 02-27-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

good news, should not have worried about the Datalink pins

do you know if you are going to do another run of turntable shelves in the next few months Steve ??

• 02-27-2010 6:32 PM In reply to

I have a couple of Steve's turntable shelves in stock if he hasn't got any. Same deal as Steve charges.

The Ouverture does have datalink but the 3000 and 3200 do not.

For record decks with built in RIAA pre amp the datalink is on pin 7 of the din plug. Those decks are wired accordingly and are a simple plug in to suitable devices such as Beocenter 2300, 2500 or Ouverture, Beomaster 3500 or 4500 and Beocenter 9300.

For record decks without built in RIAA preamp the datalink is on pin 6 of the din plug and those decks are wired accordingly and are a simple plug in to suitable amps liked Beomaster 5500 or Beocenter 9500.

Regards Graham

• 03-01-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

aha, makes more sense now graham, thank you, I have a complete 5500 system in my bedroom, and the Ouverture in the small lounge downstairs, I have always wanted to connect a later model Beogram with MMC2 cartridge to my Ouverture Big Smile

• 03-01-2010 1:15 PM In reply to

ouverture:

aha, makes more sense now graham, thank you, I have a complete 5500 system in my bedroom, and the Ouverture in the small lounge downstairs, I have always wanted to connect a later model Beogram with MMC2 cartridge to my Ouverture Big Smile

Then you will need a Beogram 3500, 4500, 6500 or 7000

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)