in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-05-2010 2:16 AM by Kevin. 27 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Do you own any other vintage HiFi products.

Mullard primarily was a component manufacturer. It was bought by Philips at a very early stage and in a sense the company still lives on as a part of first Philips Semiconductors and now NXP Components although the name ceased to exist in the '80s. Many of the early valve types from the '20s are called PMsomething (for Philips-Mullard).

EDIT: To drive off-topic an off-topic discussion, here's a nice pictorial on the manufacturing process of a Mullard EF80 valve - I'm sure even an electronics heathen will appreciate the complexity! This is a fairly new and common valve type you would likely find in the last valve TVs. Now imagine the nice ladies at Mullard Blackburn factory still churning out 27 million valves per year in 1974...

-mika

• 03-04-2010 2:47 PM In reply to

That is very nice to know Tournedos. I also found (to go a little more offtopic) this site where is shown the evolution of  Mullard radios . Mine is type MAS 238. They even have some diagrams on some models, which are helpful for restoring them.

http://radiomuseum.org/m/mullard_gb_en_1~typ.html

P.S. How on earth can you guys rename the link that you put on your post?????! I get a new window when i link something, i type a name to appear...but no use :-(

-Dimitris

• 03-05-2010 2:16 AM In reply to

• Kevin
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-02-2009
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 73
    • Bronze Member

I have 2 vintage Garrard turntables.  The first one is the Type A (1959) and the other is the Lab 80MkII ('60s)

I collected turntables for awhile.  I also have a Dual 1229 and a 1019.

BeoSound 9000, Beolab 8000, BeoLab 4000.   Beogram 4002/Grado Gold Amina conversion.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2