in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2012 5:47 PM by nbohemen. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2010 8:34 AM

• DJG
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-28-2009
    • Twickenham, UK
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

Problems with Beogram CD 7000 and Beocord 7000

Hi

Please can someone help me with a couple of problems with a very much loved Beosystem 7000 series? Firstly I have an issue with a Beogram CD 7000, the CD player itself works ok, but the drawer when opened, immediately shuts itself (only open for 2 seconds maximum) hardly leaving any time to insert the CD. 

Secondly the Beocord 7000 tape deck has just stopped working, the drawer slides out OK but the Tape does not work at all.

Are these issues something that can easily be fixed? and would a dealer do this? Any advice or suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

David

• 02-24-2010 9:15 AM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Re: Problems with Beogram CD 7000 and Beocord 7000

I once had a Beogram CD50 with the same symptom; tray closing itself right after opening. The cause was a dirty/oxidized switch in the tray system, should be an easy task of cleaning. Also opening and closing the tray several times in a row might help.

Beocord: most likely belts gone bad. Martin (Dillen) should be able to supply new ones.

Easy repairs (likely), anyway most dealers won't touch vintage systems but one can always try.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 02-24-2010 9:20 AM In reply to

Both common problems and fixable. The CD has a small reed switch - if you take the top off it is fairly obvious and this needs adjusting. It sounds as if you need new belts on the Beocord and Martin (Dillen on site) can supply these if you send him a PM. You can either do this yourself or I am sure a dealer will be happy to help.

• 02-24-2010 11:02 AM In reply to

• DJG
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-28-2009
    • Twickenham, UK
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

That's great thanks for all your help.

David

• 02-24-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

• DJG
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-28-2009
    • Twickenham, UK
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the excellent advice, adjusted the reed switch on the CD and now seems to be working fine. Just trying to tackle the Beocord took the top off and turned it over and found that the belt was off and seems intact. I'm trying to refit the belt but the drawer doesn't seem to come out enough to access the pulley. Any ideas please?

Regards

David

• 02-24-2010 3:52 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

Great work on the Beogram CD. Yes -  thumbs up

To open the Beocord (this is from my experience with a BC5500 that shouldn't be that different from the 7000) you should took the top off (two screws on the back), took off the plastic panel on the drawer (around the buttons and the cassette holder), remove the red plastic -things that hold the circuit board in place (then you can lift it up). I think you also have to loosen the aluminium front panel (two screws) as it has tabs that hold the circuit board in place. Then -I think- two screws hold the cassette mechanism in place. The cables have connectors so you can unplug them (which is needed to remove the cass.mech. from the bottom plate).

The original belt will likely be too loose to stay in place but you can always try.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 03-02-2010 9:04 AM In reply to

• DJG
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-28-2009
    • Twickenham, UK
    • Posts 20
    • Bronze Member

Original Belt has been put back on the Beocord and seems to be OK. (may have fallen off when moved on to a new rack) Now the whole system is working perfectly.

Fantastic advice from you all, thank you so much ! Smile

• 01-05-2012 5:47 PM In reply to

I have the same problem with my Beogram CD 5500, although it sometimes works properly.

How can I find this read switch and how can I adjust this switch?

Nico

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)