in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2010 3:23 PM by cmy. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2010 5:05 PM

• cmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Fan Noise from New Beovision8-40

Hi

I sit about 4 meters from my 40" BeoVision 8.

I experience almost every night fan noise. Sometimes I turn the TV off an on to get the rid of the noise.

Can I get a software update that can control the fans, or is there something wrong with my TV?

Are there others having the same problem?

It actually runs all the time after the TV is turned on for 45 minutes???

If someone posted a tread like this, please show me!

Thanks!

• 02-24-2010 2:45 AM In reply to

Re: Fan Noise from New Beovision8-40

Yeah I got the same noise fan, I have posted it here before, the tv is making clicking noises.

They swap a tv for me but the noise is still there, I guess this is how that tv is built.

• 02-24-2010 3:16 AM In reply to

A Very Warm Welcome to Beoworld.

There are actually two (2) fans in the Beovision 8-40 which monitor the temperature and their speed is defined by the temperature. The fan speed and associated settings can be adjusted from the service menu and may have been incorrectly set.

• If the internal monitored temperature is in the range of 45 to 64 degrees, then the fan will run at full speed. Also, if it ever gets to the top end of the temperature range you are likely to have bigger problems than just the fan noise.
    • The speed of the two fans can be monitored from the Service menu.
    • The triggering temperature can also be monitored.

If the fans are running at full speed all the time, then one of the following may be the cause:-

1. The Beovision 8-40 is in a confined area with minimum cool air at the venting points
    2. The default settings for the fans to start and stop have been incorrectly set.
    3. There is a fault in the TV causing overheating which is less likely because you would normally note other problems.
    4. If the fan speed/temperature settings were incorrectly set, then the fans bearings may have dried out causing noise.

I suggest you get your dealer to review the fan settings and if the settings were incorrect, it may require the fans to be replaced because the bearings have dried out.

Regards Keith....

• 02-24-2010 4:29 AM In reply to

• cmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith

Thank you for answering some of my questions Smile

This is a very big problem for me - 

However I tried changing the default sittings in the service menu last night.

I seems to help a little but I´m only able to read the first temp on the list.

Temperature1 40-42

Temperature2 is just N/A ??? Why?

What is the best sitting on the FAN and are the Ajustment done on both Fans simultaneously??? 

I am reasonably annoyed by the noise because I sit relatively close to the TV. I have nothing against the fan running to cool the TV, but it seems like it never stops. Can you set it so the fans run a little more all the time and perhaps in this way never reach full? 

As I write to you I´ve just noticed that it is the top fan on the right side which is noisy .. may it be possible to manage it and will any software updates can help?

What is the best sitting on the FAN and are the Ajustment done on both Fans simultaneously??? 

How do I check my version on software and what release is the best one to have?

• 02-24-2010 5:43 AM In reply to

Hi,

I come from Holland. I had the same problem. After 1 our I heard the noise. I also thougt it was the fan. After all it was a chip on the modem.

No problem, B&O can fix this.

Zwaan

• 02-24-2010 6:02 AM In reply to

• cmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Hi Zwann

Thanks for your reply

Maybe you are right... I will check, but i´m almost 99,5 % sure that its the Fan in the top right Corner of the screen thats speeds up and goes silent after the screen turns on.

An then after some time speeds up again!

Does anyone know if its possible to control the top Fan on this Beovision 8 - 40

regards

• 02-24-2010 6:04 AM In reply to

• cmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Did B&O mention anything changing this chip?

I this a onsite opreration or do they need it back ?

J

• 02-24-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

...There are actually two (2) fans in the Beovision 8-40 which monitor the temperature and their speed is defined by the temperature. The fan speed and associated settings can be adjusted from the service menu and may have been incorrectly set.

Would you please tell me how to get the service menu (no customer menu) for BV 8-40"

Thanks

Alen

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 02-24-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

• Teletom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • the Netherlands
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

According to the BV8-40 servicemanual you should do the following to get access to the service menu:

The Service Menu must be activated while the TV SETUP menu is displayed.

From this initial state, the Service Menu is activated in the following way:

Beo4: the Service Menu is activated by pressing

0 0 GO within 3 s.

• 02-24-2010 3:02 PM In reply to

They didn't know this issue, so the bv8 went to importeur off holland.

Now, i think, they can fix it in house.

gr. zwaan

• 02-26-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

Teletom:

According to the BV8-40 servicemanual you should do the following to get access to the service menu:

The Service Menu must be activated while the TV SETUP menu is displayed.

From this initial state, the Service Menu is activated in the following way:

Beo4: the Service Menu is activated by pressing

0 0 GO within 3 s.

@Teletom

I got the service menu. Thank you very much.
    I am very pleased with my BV 8-40.

Thank you again.

Alen

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 02-28-2010 3:23 PM In reply to

• cmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-23-2010
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Can someone tell me what version of software it the newest release...?

BV40

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)